• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug Assortment of minor bugs

Wolf93

Powder Monkey
Good evening, lads. After fixing the white sea bug I've been playing quite some time, and lately started to notice my playthrough is slowly showing some anomalies.

First thing I saw some time ago (sadly I can't remember when exactly it started happening) was that port's name would not appear in the sail-to menu (see picture).

Later, after boarding a couple of ships in a convoy, there was this French galleon that, while not surrendered, I couldn't board nor shoot. This is not so worrying since I remember this happening in the past.

Last, there were some issues during smuggling. Not only the ideal time would not "appear" after bribing the soldier, now the list of goods considered contraband won't show up on the list.

As you can see, these are not some urgent bugs, but now I'm afraid I might have corrupted something, especially since I abuse quicksaving a lot, lol. I attached both my error log and my last save, where you can see the same issues (except the galleon one, that was more of an anecdote).

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2019-11-16 14.08.11.png
    Captura de pantalla 2019-11-16 14.08.11.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 181
  • Captura de pantalla 2019-11-16 14.07.56.png
    Captura de pantalla 2019-11-16 14.07.56.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 165
  • Captura de pantalla 2019-11-16 14.07.34.png
    Captura de pantalla 2019-11-16 14.07.34.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 196
  • save and log.rar
    658.3 KB · Views: 152
Try deleting the file named "options" in your game's main folder where the .exe is at.

I think I see the fuzzy screen on your screenshots. Try running your game in compatibility mode for anything earlier than Windows 8 and see if that removes it like it did mine.

Good evening, lads. After fixing the white sea bug I've been playing quite some time, and lately started to notice my playthrough is slowly showing some anomalies.

First thing I saw some time ago (sadly I can't remember when exactly it started happening) was that port's name would not appear in the sail-to menu (see picture).
I've no idea why that happened, and I haven't seen it for ages - that is, not in any game using the current installer plus any subsequent update. If anyone else reports it then it will need to be investigated.

Later, after boarding a couple of ships in a convoy, there was this French galleon that, while not surrendered, I couldn't board nor shoot. This is not so worrying since I remember this happening in the past.
That's a known problem but we don't know how to fix it. If the flagship of an enemy group surrenders, the rest of the group turns neutral. The only workround known at the moment is to save and reload the game, then all remaining enemy ships become hostile again. Unfortunately, savegames don't record the state of masts, so if either your ship or anyone else's lost a mast, the mast will be back when you reload.

Last, there were some issues during smuggling. Not only the ideal time would not "appear" after bribing the soldier, now the list of goods considered contraband won't show up on the list.
That may be part of the smuggling system. Security status on islands can randomly change. If an island switches to a lower state, some former contraband may no longer be contraband. Conversely, if it switches to a higher state, some goods which were previously legal might now be contraband. Check the tavern news; this shows if an island has recently reduced or increased its security level.

I think I see the fuzzy screen on your screenshots. Try running your game in compatibility mode for anything earlier than Windows 8 and see if that removes it like it did mine.

Ah yes, don't worry, that's me changing gamma and brightness configurations because of my poor eyes.

I've no idea why that happened, and I haven't seen it for ages - that is, not in any game using the current installer plus any subsequent update. If anyone else reports it then it will need to be investigated.

The only thing I can think of being different is that I used the Modules folder that Hylie Pistof uploaded after the white sea debacle. It's not a game-breaker, but certainly a little annoying.

That may be part of the smuggling system. Security status on islands can randomly change. If an island switches to a lower state, some former contraband may no longer be contraband. Conversely, if it switches to a higher state, some goods which were previously legal might now be contraband. Check the tavern news; this shows if an island has recently reduced or increased its security level.

Hmmm, maybe you are right. I'm a little busy right now but once I'm free again I'll keep playing and see if that was the case.

Back