• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Austin quest line

Pharos3224

Landlubber
Okay I try to search for the murderers at the correct time (between 8-21)
but they are nowhere to be seen iv tried this multiple times but I cannot find them

I can find the guy at cartagena and some other places but I cannot find the meetings.
I killed a solo guy at the start of the game at antigua who had falcon does this affect the questline somehow?

I mean which port should I go first? is there an order of things? Ive tried all 3 major locations for the gangs they show up at the city and I follow them to caves but cannot find them no matter how many times Ive tried.

And is it possible to find the best medium weapon elsewhere?

Okay I try to search for the murderers at the correct time (between 8-21)
but they are nowhere to be seen iv tried this multiple times but I cannot find them

I can find the guy at cartagena and some other places but I cannot find the meetings.
I killed a solo guy at the start of the game at antigua who had falcon does this affect the questline somehow?

I mean which port should I go first? is there an order of things? Ive tried all 3 major locations for the gangs they show up at the city and I follow them to caves but cannot find them no matter how many times Ive tried.

Austin Quest - Skodarap's COAS site

^ iv read that and other austin quest lines it says in that one ''Just walk the streets during daytime and they will talk to you. But they are not the same neither the places where you fight them are the same'' <-- what does this mean?
''but they are not the same neither the places you fight them'' <--- ????? so they are not in the caves of the towns where they run outside of? they are in other towns caves? what??...... I hate this quest.

I just searched every damn cave in the spanish main there are no killers to be found. IT doesnt matter which city I try or try find them elsewhere I mean WT* am i supposed to do here?

Where do I go first? and then where? has any of you actually done this quest`? if so tell me piece meal because the quest line instructions dont help. I can only find the killers in the towns but nowhere else. And Im at the correct time during the day or am I Supposed to wait a couple of hours?

Somebody who has done this quest tell me it piece meal. god I will soon uninstall this game.

just went for marigot there was somebody tried to follow him but to no avail. nobody at the cave.

Last edited:
They are either in the town cave or in the jungle cave. If the guy runs to the city gate after the conversation, he’s in the jungle cave. If he runs to a basement, he’s in the town cave.
Order does not matter. In the caves the bandits wait for you inside the largest "room". Don’t know how to explain it…
Yes. Spanish questline, dutch questline, treasures (from two map pieces), Lost Ships city.

nope. nobody at the caves. they ran off but theres nobody at the caves iv done this now 40 times. im not doing it again. f*ck this quest and whoever made it. I think ill go play silent hunter 3 for awhile this game can be annoying.

but sincerely thank you guys for advice ur the best :)

Last edited:
Premise: I'm not English-speaking and this is a Google-translation: I don't know how the result is.
Hello. I answer only now because I had to look for the material in very old backups. The guide is very detailed: I hope it will still be useful to you. Austin's quest is a bit "tricky" because it has to be done in a unique and precise way, otherwise it fails.
Brigands and Assassins (Austin Quest)
Note: the quest does not appear on the log until the end; in fact the register is never updated in the various meetings with the killers and only after the last meeting, the one that gives us the indication to find Austin, we have the signaling and the denomination.
It allows you to get a good final loot, especially a Haudegen.
The quest takes place by circulating in the following cities; in parentheses, the characters who meet there.
Saint John - Antigua (Albert Green, white wig, tricorn, dark jacket, beardless, green breeches): trap door.
Marigot - S. Martin (Esteban Morua, gray hair, beardless, green jacket): cave
Santa Catalina - West Coast (Lorenso Santino, dandy in brown tights with horizontal stripes, with hat): cave
Panama - Central Coast (Juan Carlos, gray wig, dark red jacket, no beard): cave
Cartagena - Central coast (Miguel Carlitos: gray hair, beard, brown jacket): cave
Fort de France - Martinique (Gaytano Lemier, farmer with hat + accomplice in the basement): trapdoor - underground - 1st corridor on the left
The characters, in the individual locations, are fixed, but their dialogues change according to the order in which you meet them.
The dialogues, on the other hand, have a fixed sequence.
The order of the localities can be any; in each one you are contacted by a harmless-looking guy, who (with one exception) invites you to an appointment that is a trap for an attack.
Usually it is the guy who stops you, but it may happen that the meeting does not happen spontaneously immediately, so if you want to carry out the quest without delay, it is better for you - knowing the quest and the guys - to look for them on the street.
In three of the meetings, the attacks are the work of the only character who invites you, in two others (Martinique and Panama or S. Catalina) by default there is a dangerous accomplice who attacks you from behind in the dungeon; in one (the third) there is no duel. The most annoying encounter is that of Panama, both for the journey, for the tortuosity of the cave and for the accomplice; it is therefore advisable to choose Panama as the 3rd meeting, the one without an appointment or duel, with the character babbling about the aristocrats and Silla.
A) for the 1st and 2nd meeting, you go to one of the cities mentioned (during the day, 08.30 - 20.30), you walk a bit through the streets and are stopped by a guy who says he has a proposal, which is not can talk in the streets of the city and invites you to meet him before night falls in the basement of the city or in a cave outside, depending on the location (to find out you must initially chase the guy; if he goes out the door, the meeting is in the cave ; if it disappears near a trap door, it is in the basement).
If you don't show up on time, even for just one of the appointments, the quest stops. At the appointment, after a somewhat strange chat, you fight and kill the guy.
B) in the third meeting instead you do not fight, but meet and listen to a man who babbles about odd things, the aristocrats, Silla, his outlaws, the Caesars and other delusional fantasies, and (the only useful phrase) invites us to look for a sure Austin; then he runs away, and is not chased.
C) in the 4th and 5th meeting, similar to the first two, there is an alternative dialogue, and you have to choose the 2nd, the one in which you accept the appointment, without revealing that you have already killed the previous killers (otherwise the quest fades): it will be revealed in the dungeon, before the duel.
The 6th duel will finally update the register, and will provide the information to find Austin: he is in one of the two pearl fishing villages, the one accessible from the beach of San Juan del Norte.
D) You can go to the final match with Austin at a time of your choice. Get some anti-poison potion and from the beach go to the right cave, go out into the jungle, keep left and get to the inland cave; now it is better to temporarily dismiss the fighters and, to go to the exit, it is necessary to pass through the light that evokes the skeletons (the reason why you give up the fighters and the antidotes may be needed): try to avoid them and get to a rope hanging from the ceiling. Use it, go into the jungle and head to the pearl fishing village, which is under Spanish administration (right branch).
There is the problem of the sentry: if you are Spanish or if the Spanish flag has been raised and you have the Spanish commercial letter, there are no problems; otherwise you have to intercept and kill the sentry with a gunshot before he reaches the village "switch".
In the village, go to the shack on the left, with a short external staircase: inside there is a certain Alberto Gaudio, aka Austin.
After a dialogue we fight and finally the brigand is killed.
The loot, in weapons and money, is good, especially for the Haudegen sword, the best medium sword in the game.

Back