• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Automatic cannon aiming, change target?

Bongo95

Landlubber
Hello, I'm having a strange issue with the automatic cannon aiming. I know by default it is set to aim at the hull of the enemy ship. That has worked for me excellent so far in my 120+ hour playthrough so far.

But somehow the automatic aiming has switched to sails for me. No matter what ammo type I use, or even the distance, the enemy sails take damage but the hull and crew are unscratched. Also, normally you can see the splashes from the missed shots around the enemy ship, but now for me they are all far past the ship.

So somehow the automatic aiming is changed to much higher, only damaging the sails.

Does anyone know how to change it back? I've read through every forum I can find and can't find this problem mentioned. It's not a noobie, I wasted tons of time in aop2 and plenty with SD:teho so I know how cannon accuracy and skills and seafighting in general work.

I would just use first person aiming but quite frankly I am terrible at that!

I'm using hook's mod as well. (Awesome mod thanks everyone who has worked with it)

Thanks!

Back