• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Barfight mechanics

Tingyun

Corsair
Storm Modder
With a hostile relationship with pirates, I ran into a guy in a pirate fort tavern who said "you have come to the wrong place", and then 5 unarmed pirates spawned and attacked me. I drew my weapon, and easily killed the unarmed foes.

The consequence of which was about 200 gold in loot and a solid amount of melee skill XP from killing the 5 unarmed opponents (went from level 1 in the skill to 2). Is it meant to be that easy, what with all 5 being unarmed?

It seems very easy XP, rather than a real risk to the player, making it one of the most beneficial tavern encounters. Seems strange they would forgo using weapons and attack an armed opponent, and the player would have no reputational consequences for using weapons against them.

EDIT: Perhaps if they had weak sort of weapons one might have in a brawl, like low quality knives or clubs?

Last edited:
If they fight, they must have at least their fists.
There is a setting in InternalSettings.h that you can change to give them another weapon by default.

I believe its sort of tied to your level too. Also if there are guards in the room they might jump in to assist them and they will be armed better

The actual Tavern brawl characters always get fists, regardless of level.

Back