• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Barmaid for Cartagena tavern 2

Grey Roger

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
Any objection to adding a barmaid for Cartagena's second tavern? It doesn't have one at the moment.

One thing I did check was the role of barmaids, a.k.a. officiants, in resurrection. The person involved in a resurrection is traced back through various functions to 'GetTownOfficiantIndex(string sTownName)', which simply looks up a town's "officiant" attribute. That's defined in "InitTowns.c". So adding a barmaid to tavern 2 shouldn't affect this because Cartagena's resurrection agent is already defined as the barmaid in tavern 1. All that should be necessary is to add a definition to the end of "PROGRAM\Characters\init\Taverns.c". She wouldn't even need a new dialog file because all barmaids use "Eng_Officiant_dialog.c", even the non-English ones.

Meet Jimena López:
cartagena_barmaid2.jpg

She could probably do with a better character model. (@Nita, have you anything suitable?) But at least she's in place and operational.

i am not fond of her hair..the women in me=)..things i am working on i dont think can go in potc sorry

That model is effectively just a place-holder until a better model becomes available, so her hair is not important. ;)

Some of your work is already in PoTC, or at least, it will be when I upload the next update. :onya What I was hoping for is, have you any alternative textures for "CitizenWom_1"? (I've already managed to import the original version but she could really do with a better texture. If you don't have anything suitable, I'll have to try to make one...)

Update: Cartagena tavern 2 is about to get a distinctive barmaid.
jimena_lopez.jpg

The model definition has no "AssignModelType" lines so she can't appear randomly; the model is specifically for Cartagena tavern 2. But she's been assigned to Spain so the model can be bought from a Spanish tailor or chosen in FreePlay:
jimena_storyline.jpg jimena_character.jpg jimena_game.jpg

Apparently this tavern is NOT used in the @Bartolomeu o Portugues storyline; I thought it was.

Would be nice if there were something unique about the second one, making it worthwhile to visit.
But what...?
Mission accomplished. ;)

Also:
She's already used for the barmaid in La Grenade. Cartagena tavern 2 is supposed to be a bit special (it's already the only tavern which sells bottles of wine and rum) so it may as well have a distinctive barmaid. ;)

The model definition has no "AssignModelType" lines so she can't appear randomly; the model is specifically for Cartagena tavern 2. But she's been assigned to Spain so the model can be bought from a Spanish tailor or chosen in FreePlay:
View attachment 35021 View attachment 35022 View attachment 35023
Very nice work, just one detail: there's inconsistency in her name between these screenshots, not sure if it's intentional, so I'm just pointing that out.

Very nice work, just one detail: there's inconsistency in her name between these screenshots, not sure if it's intentional, so I'm just pointing that out.
Well spotted - I did indeed mistype the FreePlay character's name. :oops: It wasn't intentional but it isn't critical, you can call your FreePlay character anything you want. What does need to be consistent is the model name in the character definition for the tavern girl, the model definition, and the model files themselves. Presumably I got that right because you can see her. :D

Anyone wanting to see the new Jimena for themselves can download the attached zip file. You'll need to start a new game for the model and character definitions to take effect, though.

Attachments

• jimena.zip
    757.3 KB · Views: 288
Back