• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Bartolomeu quest problem

Lonious

Master Mariner
Hi all,

I'm doing the Bartolomeu quest and I didn't pay the smuggler his 35,000 after 10 days. I read that when you exit the store Emilio Soares talks to you. However, he does not. Does this mean I cannot continue the quest? Is the quest broken if you don't pay the 35,000?

I recall not paying him before but Emilio still talked to me.

Thanks.

Last time I played the quest, I didn't have 35000 after the final smuggling mission so I went to the Tortuga loanshark to borrow a load of money, paid off Eugene Martin, and then did some freelance piracy to earn the money to repay the loanshark. So I don't know from direct experience what's supposed to happen if you don't have the 35000.

Looking at the code, it seems that if you don't have the money in time, the questbook "Arrival in the Caribbean" is supposed to close with a line to the effect that you don't want to meet Eugene Martin again. The storyline effectively ends there. The code to place Emilio Soares in the camp and make him talk to you only seems to trigger after you pay Eugene Martin the 35000.

Last time I played the quest, I didn't have 35000 after the final smuggling mission so I went to the Tortuga loanshark to borrow a load of money, paid off Eugene Martin, and then did some freelance piracy to earn the money to repay the loanshark. So I don't know from direct experience what's supposed to happen if you don't have the 35000.

Looking at the code, it seems that if you don't have the money in time, the questbook "Arrival in the Caribbean" is supposed to close with a line to the effect that you don't want to meet Eugene Martin again. The storyline effectively ends there. The code to place Emilio Soares in the camp and make him talk to you only seems to trigger after you pay Eugene Martin the 35000.
Ok, now I did this and it worked. However, after talking to the girl pirate and landing on Rocky Shore, I see three people (including her) appear, they walk to the water, and disappear. Apparently she's supposed to talk to me here, but does not - she simply teleports out. What went wrong here?

Can you upload a savegame from before you land at Rocky Shore?

The two other pirates should start walking to the water as soon as you arrive, but as far as I can tell from the code, Roxanne should only start moving after you talk to her - it is the act of talking to you which triggers her walk to the water.

Can you upload a savegame from before you land at Rocky Shore?

The two other pirates should start walking to the water as soon as you arrive, but as far as I can tell from the code, Roxanne should only start moving after you talk to her - it is the act of talking to you which triggers her walk to the water.
My /SAVE folder is empty, everything is empty. Should I look elsewhere?

If an application tries to write into a file inside its own installation folder and you are not running it as administrator, the OS may put the file into a virttual store. All reads and writes to the file are redirected by the OS to this virtual store so it's transparent to the application, which is why PoTC still thinks its saved games are in the normal place. This is particularly likely to happen if you installed PoTC into the "Program Files" folder - just one of the reasons why you should install it somewhere else! Try looking in "C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Pirates of the Caribbean\SAVE". Also look at this thread: Windows 10 getting your saves if game installed in Program Files.

If an application tries to write into a file inside its own installation folder and you are not running it as administrator, the OS may put the file into a virttual store. All reads and writes to the file are redirected by the OS to this virtual store so it's transparent to the application, which is why PoTC still thinks its saved games are in the normal place. This is particularly likely to happen if you installed PoTC into the "Program Files" folder - just one of the reasons why you should install it somewhere else! Try looking in "C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Pirates of the Caribbean\SAVE". Also look at this thread: Windows 10 getting your saves if game installed in Program Files.

Thanks for telling me!

Attachments

• -=Player=- Open Sea September 29th, 1660.rar
    595.3 KB · Views: 68
You're using the May 2018 installer without any updates. There was indeed a bug in that version whereby Roxanne wasn't properly set up when she appeared on the beach, so she failed to talk to you. It was fixed some time ago in one of the updates.

You could install the updates from here:
https://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/potc/Grey Roger/post_25May_updates_021221.zip

Or you could use the newest installer:
Mod Release - Build 14 Final Now Available

Either of these will require you to start a new game as they won't recognise your current savegame, so do it now while you're not far into the story. Because that's not the only bug in "Bartolomeu" which was fixed in the update. If you continue with the May 2018 version, you'll probably run into more trouble further into the story.

If you're determined to continue using the May 2018 version, download this and put into "PROGRAM\Storylines\Bartolomeu\quests". It's the May 2018 version of the storyline main file with the beach scene fixed. Other bugs still remain. I can't simply upload the newest version of the file as it may rely on other parts of the update and may therefore cause even more trouble.

Attachments

• quests_reaction.c
    541.6 KB · Views: 70
You're using the May 2018 installer without any updates. There was indeed a bug in that version whereby Roxanne wasn't properly set up when she appeared on the beach, so she failed to talk to you. It was fixed some time ago in one of the updates.

You could install the updates from here:
https://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/potc/Grey Roger/post_25May_updates_021221.zip

Or you could use the newest installer:
Mod Release - Build 14 Final Now Available

Either of these will require you to start a new game as they won't recognise your current savegame, so do it now while you're not far into the story. Because that's not the only bug in "Bartolomeu" which was fixed in the update. If you continue with the May 2018 version, you'll probably run into more trouble further into the story.

If you're determined to continue using the May 2018 version, download this and put into "PROGRAM\Storylines\Bartolomeu\quests". It's the May 2018 version of the storyline main file with the beach scene fixed. Other bugs still remain. I can't simply upload the newest version of the file as it may rely on other parts of the update and may therefore cause even more trouble.
Ok, thanks for the help.

Back