• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

battle mode lag ( > 7 ships)

woopypooky

Master Mariner
everytime its more than 7-8 ships, i experience lag. there is no sound from cannon. framerates drop.

is it just me lousy computer or anyone else?

everytime its more than 7-8 ships, i experience lag. there is no sound from cannon. framerates drop.

is it just me lousy computer or anyone else?

It happens to me aswell, more memory will help but a better processor is real way to go but that often means a new motherboard or a new computer.

My specs are:
Intel Pentium 4, 2.5 Ghz
Operating System, Windows XP Pro
Video Card, GS 7600 Pro with 512 MB's onboard ram
Memory, 2.5 GB's, DDR1
Hard Drive, 160 GB's

My game will slow down when several ships are onscreen all at once but nly as i pan around, one reason for this is because of my anti virus softwear running which is the full paid version of Avast, it updates a few times every day and is not set to update at spacified times, it does it as and when a new update is released. Then there's how many programs are running in the background which all use processing power to run and could be slowing your game down. Here is how to perform a clean boot and stop some of the not needed programs from running.

Code:
To perform a clean boot on Windows XP

Click Start, and then click Run. 
In the Open box, type msconfig, and then click OK. 
In the System Configuration Utility, click the General tab, and then click Selective Startup. 
Under Selective Startup, clear the following check boxes: 
Process SYSTEM.INI file 
Process WIN.INI file 
Load Startup Items 
Click the Services tab. 
Select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, then click Disable All. 
Click OK. 
Click Restart. 
Note: To complete this procedure, you must be logged on as an administrator or as a member of the Administrators group. If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may prevent you from completing this procedure.

Nuttin' like bein' forced tew Engage an' bein' sandwiched 'tween two fleets o' Dutch ships! :facepalm

Back