• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Beginner needing help

xt255641

Landlubber
Hi guys I am new here and just recently aquired the DVD version of AoP and downloaded the SuperMod repack.

I am yet to install both in my PC and I need some help because I am a complete noob when it comes to computers and stuff (I only really uses then to play and surf the web) and I have learned of the StarForce thing so I must ask what are the steps I need to follow to avoid that danger that is SF?

Sorry if this is a already made answered question but I have read the topic about it and I must confess that I really didnt understood in a clear way what to do or not...

Ahoy Nightmaster, welcome aboard mate! :dance

This section of the forum is pretty slow because we stopped any active modding for AOP several years ago mainly because of Starforce. I would suggest that you install the game somwhere other than the default Program Files directory, install it to C:\Games\ or something. Install the game normally, including installing the Starforce drivers, but do not run the game and then install the SuperMod. The Supermod includes a NoCD patch that will run the game without the need for Starforce.

After you have installed the SuperMod, just to make sure that the Starforce drivers will not run on your system, you need to download and then run the Official Starforce Removal Tool, this will completely remove Starforce. Don't buy the hype their PR guys have written on that page, Starforce is the single worst piece of software ever written, with the possible exception of Windows! You can also unintsall it manually, but the removal program should do the trick.

Once you have run the removal program, you should be good to play the game without a problem. I hope that helps!

Back