• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Best Weapons and Curiass

Moonstone

Landlubber
Anyone know what the best weapons are.

And Please Post the stats if you can.

And Post the locations, if possible

Light
Morgan's rapier
itm.dmg_min = 18.0;
itm.dmg_max = 65.0;
itm.piercing = 99.0;

Medium
Katana (habguen?)
itm.dmg_min = 25.0;
itm.dmg_max = 70.0;
itm.piercing = 90.0;

Heavy
Macuahuitl
itm.dmg_min = 45.0;
itm.dmg_max = 140.0;
itm.piercing = 95.0;

I'm pretty sure these are vanilla #'s. It's possible if you have mods that add new weapons, these #'s may be different. In regards to their locations, umm...most of these weapons are very rare, they may be associated with completing a quest or maybe you're lucky and happen to come across one.

Expensive cuirass
itm.Weight = 17;
itm.CirassLevel = 0.35;

You need to be at level 20 before you can find this curiass in shops, it's not only expensive but rare as well. Although once at level 20, you'll most likely have a lot of money to spend.

As for the cuirasses I've never seen the best cuirasses for sale. As long as I know there are only 3 cuirasses in the game which give 35% damage reduction and they all come from quests. I hope there is a 4th one so the whole squad can have such cuirases.

As for the weapons - the damage doesn't matter much - much more matters the energy consumption. So you will never (probably) use the best heavy weapons soimply because after just 2-3 hits you will be left with zero energy. Actually it is the same with the middle weapons too. Which leaves you with the light weapons for the most battles. As a matter of fact you probably will play almost the whole game with a spanish rapier.

@ Handel

You could be right, it might be a quest related item. In that case, then the next best which can be purchased would be the Dutch Curiass which offers 22% protection.

@ JoylessBrute

Cerber
itm.dmg_min = 24.0;
itm.dmg_max = 70.0;
itm.piercing = 88.0;

Cortelas
itm.dmg_min = 23.0;
itm.dmg_max = 70.0;
itm.piercing = 90.0;

@ Handel

You could be right, it might be a quest related item. In that case, then the next best which can be purchased would be the Dutch Curiass which offers 22% protection.

No, you can purchase Spanish cuirass which is slightly better then the Dutch cuirass. The quest cuirass is even better then the spanish cuirass.
AFAIK you get 1 from COAS, 1 from Sharpe quest, 1 from national quest (not sure about it - never did it).
I shoudl like to hear if there is 4th such cuirass in the game.

Ah, you are right, it is the Spanish.

Code:
itmname_cirass1 {Regular cuirass}
itmdescr_cirass1 {
Regular soldiers carried such a cuirass into battle. Though its defense is wanting, it is still capable of reducing by 10% any damage received. 
}
itmname_cirass2 {French cuirass}
itmdescr_cirass2 {
Not the best cuirass in the archipelago, yet worth attention in pirate engagements. Reduces by by 20% any damage from sword attacks. 
}
itmname_cirass3 {Spanish cuirass}
itmdescr_cirass3 {
Cuirass made by the best masters of Castille. Able to withstand a good hit from a boarding saber, reducing damage by 25%. Only suitable for officers to wear. 
}
itmname_cirass4 {Dutch cuirass}
itmdescr_cirass4 {
Cuirass of the Dutch officers. Reduces sword damage by 22%. 
}
itmname_cirass5 {Expensive cuirass}
itmdescr_cirass5 {
A decorative cuirass, made from a golden material. A sign of wealth and prosperity. And yet, it wonderfully holds back any attack, reducing damage by 35%.

Back