• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Black flag start no teleport to harbor from ship

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder
If you play with completely default settings and start the black flag (free play) you will be in your cabin, after talking you need to go to land but on the ship it's very hard to find out where to walk to be able to go ashore. I suggest either the teleport to shore should be enabled already, or there should be someone on deck to guide you to the point where you can go ashore.

Just did a default storyline (hawk) and had the same problem there too, there are people on deck here but still it's a hassle to find the teleport point.

I'll need to check "Brave Black Flag" as that uses a different officer character for the custom start. But in "Tales of a Sea Hawk", if you choose the full tutorial, Malcolm Hatcher does indeed walk to the exit locator.

Update: I checked. If you take the full tutorial with Robert Fletcher, he also guides you to the exit locator.

Depending on which type of ship you use, and definitely with the lugger at the start of "Tales of a Sea Hawk", you must do the fencing training so that you're already on deck when the tutorial ends. It's possible to skip the fencing part, in which case the rest of the tutorial happens in your cabin, ending with Malcolm or Robert walking to the cabin door. When you go on deck, they're supposed to then walk to the exit locator, but on some small ship decks they spawn right next to it so you don't see them walk there.

But then, if you choose to skip the tutorial or parts of it, you're effectively telling the game that you know all this so just get on with the next bit. And if you already know all this then you also know how to leave your ship. :p

Last edited:
But then, if you choose to skip the tutorial or parts of it, you're effectively telling the game that you know all this so just get on with the next bit. And if you already know all this then you also know how to leave your ship. :p
And yet, we've had multiple players getting stuck on that tutorial outside deck because they couldn't find the reload.
Of course one could argue that's their problem for not following the tutorial properly.
But if anything COULD be done to help such people, I wouldn't say no to it either.

Saves some potential players some early-game frustration and therefore prevents them from rage-quitting the mod.
Also saves us the trouble of explaining it on the support forum.

I remember having to go as far as playing through it myself and posting screenshots to get someone past this point.
That was a bit of a hassle...

Back