• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug Black screen when visiting Smugglers Lair/ La Grenade

Sebrian

Freebooter
Storm Modder
Hey there!

While testing some things ive encountered a strange bug while replaying Justine Le Moigne’s Disappearance quest (i have made no changes to the quest itself yet), when you need to find kidnappers, when trying to visit Smugglers Lair screen just goes black... no crashes, while i can still use the f1 menu...

I have atttached a save file. :cheers

UPDATE: If you load into the smugglers lair via DoQuestReloadToLocation("Smugglers_Lair", "reload", "reload1" ,"_"); it works correctly... only the outskirts lead to a black screen, quite odd.

Attachments

• -=Player=- La Grenade.rar
    788.1 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Try walking to Smugglers Lair. When the screen goes black, quit the game, then upload "compile.log" and "system.log". If "error.log" exists, upload that as well.

Update: I've had a look at that savegame. Smugglers Lair Exit works fine for me:
smugglers_lair_exit.jpg

You 're using the January 2022 installer without the April updates, which you can find here:
https://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/potc/Grey Roger/post_1Jan_updates_270422.zip

This fixes a few bugs which are in the January installer, though nothing directly related to "Hoist the Colours". It does make one small correction to Smugglers Lair, but what it corrects would not cause your problem - it's a minor graphical bug which has been present in all versions since the stock game.

If you install the update, you'll need to start a new game as the updated game won't recognise savegames from the basic installer. If you don't install the update, it will be harder to integrate your additions to the storyline into a later update.

Last edited:
Try walking to Smugglers Lair. When the screen goes black, quit the game, then upload "compile.log" and "system.log". If "error.log" exists, upload that as well.

Update: I've had a look at that savegame. Smugglers Lair Exit works fine for me:
View attachment 40475

You 're using the January 2022 installer without the April updates, which you can find here:
https://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/potc/Grey Roger/post_1Jan_updates_270422.zip

This fixes a few bugs which are in the January installer, though nothing directly related to "Hoist the Colours". It does make one small correction to Smugglers Lair, but what it corrects would not cause your problem - it's a minor graphical bug which has been present in all versions since the stock game.

If you install the update, you'll need to start a new game as the updated game won't recognise savegames from the basic installer. If you don't install the update, it will be harder to integrate your additions to the storyline into a later update.

Hey!

Sorry i didn't have time yesterday to test it as you asked, yes i will install the fixes and integrate my progress with the storyline into it today!

Back