• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Blackscreen when storming fort in cape catoche

DH27

Sailor
Staff member
Administrator
QA Tester
Public Relations
Hey guys,
I was doing the quest "seeking the guardian of truth" and tried storming the fort in cape catoche where Diego is hiding out. Unfortunately, whenever I enter the fort itself, the game loads for a second and then I get stuck on a blackscreen. Control elements such as time speed up and slow down are still working fine and the location information on the right side of the screen is also showing up, but there are just no textures loaded. I am playing the game on version 1.7.0 on my second playthrough, on my last playthrough on version 1.6.1 it worked perfectly fine. Furthermore, the game is mod free and I have already reinstalled it as well. Has anyone experienced this problem before and might know a fix?

Thanks for answers!

Attachments

• upload_2020-4-7_17-55-8.png
    upload_2020-4-7_17-55-8.png
    56.2 KB · Views: 179
Hey guys,
I was doing the quest "seeking the guardian of truth" and tried storming the fort in cape catoche where Diego is hiding out. Unfortunately, whenever I enter the fort itself, the game loads for a second and then I get stuck on a blackscreen. Control elements such as time speed up and slow down are still working fine and the location information on the right side of the screen is also showing up, but there are just no textures loaded. I am playing the game on version 1.7.0 on my second playthrough, on my last playthrough on version 1.6.1 it worked perfectly fine. Furthermore, the game is mod free and I have already reinstalled it as well. Has anyone experienced this problem before and might know a fix?

Thanks for answers!

Hello.

I can try to help you, although it's possible it's a bug in the new version.

You have to copy or attach the text of the "error.log" file that is in the main folder of the game, right after the bug is released.

Hello.

I can try to help you, although it's possible it's a bug in the new version.

You have to copy or attach the text of the "error.log" file that is in the main folder of the game, right after the bug is released.

Hi,
first of all, thank you for trying to help me!

I checked for the error.log-file in the game folder, but I don't think that it creates the file as the game does not crash when I encounter the bug.
I am still able to open even the F2-menu, it is just that no textures are loading in.

Hi,
first of all, thank you for trying to help me!

I checked for the error.log-file in the game folder, but I don't think that it creates the file as the game does not crash when I encounter the bug.
I am still able to open even the F2-menu, it is just that no textures are loading in.

The 'compile' file also usually shows the errors, as a last option you can attach the "save" and I try to test it with my game.

The 'compile' file also usually shows the errors, as a last option you can attach the "save" and I try to test it with my game.
I am sorry, but I could not find the compile-file either. Should it also be in the main folder of the game?
I've attached my latest save-file, maybe it will clear things up (the save-file extension was not supported by the upload-button, so I zipped it).

Attachments

• Jungle 3.rar
    964.2 KB · Views: 139
I was able to load your saved game and I get the same error, I'm sorry but it's out of my little knowledge, you'll have to report the error to the developers. :rumgone

I'll leave two screenshots, with the texts that come out in case Kb31 can take a look at it. :read

Captura de pantalla (4).pngCaptura de pantalla (5).png

I was able to load your saved game and I get the same error, I'm sorry but it's out of my little knowledge, you'll have to report the error to the developers. :rumgone

I'll leave two screenshots, with the texts that come out in case Kb31 can take a look at it. :read

View attachment 36579View attachment 36580

Still, thank you very much for trying! I will post an update, in case the developers have a solution.

Hi!

I can't test it in-game right now, but the black screen along with these errors usually means that the savedata is not compatible with scripts. Also, there is a possibility that this is because of ill-formed scripts.
Either way, it's better to ask devs first. Probably they already found the problem and can fix it.

I'm pretty busy with my work last months, but I'll try to take a look in a few days.

Thank you very much, it's a mistake that's beyond my expertise.

It seems like some object data was corrupted. This is bad because afaik devs claimed this version should be compatible with the previous one.
I tried to fix this particular problem, but some other objects may be overwritten as well...
Try this one and check if everything works

Attachments

• Jungle 3.zip
    969.4 KB · Views: 153
It seems like some object data was corrupted. This is bad because afaik devs claimed this version should be compatible with the previous one.
I tried to fix this particular problem, but some other objects may be overwritten as well...

It goes perfectly, the black screen no longer appears and you can play without problems.

I mention @DH27 so you can continue with your game.

Thanks again @kb31.

Captura de pantalla (23).png

It goes perfectly, the black screen no longer appears and you can play without problems.

I mention @DH27 so you can continue with your game.

Thanks again @kb31.

View attachment 36610

Hey guys,
thank you very much, both of you, for saving my game! I am really happy that I don't have to replay everything.
As a side note, I wrote into the English section of the Russian developer forum, so that they are aware of the problem and can hopefully fix it in a future patch :)

Back