• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

boarder bug

morgan terror

Magnificent bastard
Storm Modder
Public Relations
i've read somewhere else that someone's been having a bug where only the player and his 3 officers show up vs. the enemy boarding crew. i've managed to replicate this, and i think it's caused by selecting the 'marine' boarder models. can anyone confirm this? just select those models in the options and start a new game. i don't think the boarders get replaced in any other savegames, since this wasn't the case with me. i sure would like to replace them though, since boarding by yourself is hardly fun.

It's already been reported/recorded on the Bug Tracker...

http://forum.piratesahoy.net//tracker/issue-293-boarder-model-marine-broken/

You might want to reply with a "confirmation message" so that the status is changed to "confirmed bug"

KevAtl

Does the "boarder model" mod work properly?
I don't recall ever seeing it doing what it should, though admittedly I didn't test much.
What I would like is to have the boarder models stored in a player attribute and allow you to change it through dialog with an officer or something.

oh, it used to work properly. in alpha 6, anyway. i never tested it on the versions between then and now.

I have set it so that if you get a promotion for a nation you will get soldiers of that nation as both your crew and boarding model ;)

I did that using an attribute and it works well (this is with the NK_(NEW) file that hasnt been tested 100%)

Well the theory appeared to be correct but I havnt had time to actually test it out yet, so my theory could be wrong, and no one has commented on testing it yet :facepalm

It is included in the feature list and in the readme as to how to enable it

I'll look at that file as soon as I arrange that new laptop of mine...

is this in patch 1? i haven't seen it so far, but maybe i wasn't looking.

oh wait. got it.

Back