• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Boarding: Empty Cabin

LimaHotel

Landlubber
Hello! Long time lurker, first time poster.

I've played New Horizons on and off for close to a decade at this point, and I'm not sure if this is a bug I've encountered historically? If it is, then never at this frequency.
The issue is: I'm boarding a ship, fight down one, maybe 2 decks, then I go straight to Cabin, as if the enemy captain wishes to surrender. Except when the cabin loads, it's empty. I've tried strafing out through the wall to see if it's just a misplaced spawn locator, but nope. There is no NPC present in the cell at all that I can locate. I can loot the ship chest / weapons locker, but I'm stuck in the cell. Spacebar won't do anything (presumably cos I need to accept the dude's surrender), and... Well, the only fix I know of is load a save.

The frequency of occurrence seems to be increasing, at this point it's roughly one in three boardings.

Any insights as to what may be going on here / what I mat be able to do in-game to resolve this?

So the solution is update the game. RIP playthrough.

I'm not currently at my PC so can't check, but it's not the final release of build 14. I think I downloaded it in August 2021? So it should be the latest stable release from then. I could be wrong though.

Guess I'm abandoning save and trying build 15

Thanks!

Look again at that fix:
Fixed - Marie Celeste

There are two files to download - a "console.c" to fix the immediate problem, and a zip file with specific updates to two files which should prevent the problem from happening again. Those won't break your save.

Back