• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved boarding questions

pchynoweth

Landlubber
Hi

Firstly, well done on a superb mod. It does feel like a completely new game from the original and so much better.

I do have questions about the boarding.

Firstly I noticed only 2 of the 3 selected officers come with you. How do you choose which to leave behind if that makes sense?

Also one issue I'm having is that the 2 officers stand in front of you and you are stuck as you can't go around them because of lack of space. So I'm helpless until either they die or they kill the enemy themselves. Is there away round this? I suppose I could take just one officer with me but not sure if that would make it more difficult to take over the ship

Thanks

Cheers,

Usually, all officers will join you that are in ypour party, which you cans elect at F2-Passengers.
Note, that you can tell officers - manually by talking to them - how to act during boarding. The options are "join me boarding" or "sit out the next boarding". I suggest to use this wisely.
Boarding is a great way to get your officers more experienced AND to quickly kill them. :guns:

I usually forbid them to join boarding in the beginning, and allow it later, when they are very well equipped and no longer in danger to die. Also, I strongly suggest to take officers especially good at melee combat with you. Your gunner or your navigator are much more useful elsewhere. :duel:

And yes - officers usually stand right in front of you when it comes into dangerous situations like boardings, entering caves or even taverns (that are very dangerous places since we have the brawls back).
As above: Choose officers for your party who are good fighters with a decent survivability. Or ... just leave them. It doesn't make much of a difference if you board with your officers or just with your crew (provided they are well equipped too). You can equip your crew with blades, guns and armors by just throwong that stuff into the weaponslocker of your ship).

Hope this helps a bit.:aar

Back