• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Borgiablades???

Jerdna_Stark

Powder Monkey
Hello there!

Me again, back to annoy you with another question. Although thankfully this time it's not a bug (I hope at least) I'm interested in.

So recently I tried to do some research into the Blackbeard encounter on Isla de Muerta via the forums. First of all, I'd like to say that having Blackbeard as a secret boss fight encounter of sorts and having it take place on this island is a very unique and cool idea and (hopefully I understand this correctly) having there be only one weapon in the game (the Borgiablade) that can allow you to do damage to him by poisoning him, this way mirroring how he was defeated in "On Stranger Tides", is an even cooler idea, at least in my opinion. :onya

Now, after learning of this mechanic, I set out to uncover how I could obtain a Borgiablade for myself and eventually found no less than 6 in different chests!

But here's where my progress ended because....... I can't equip them.

When I look at them in my inventory, I am presented with the option "Equip" and if selected, the small icon indicating that the weapon has been equipped will show itself. However, when I leave the inventory and press "1" to equip the blade, it automatically switches back to my previous weapon! I then tried to give each of my officers one blade, but not even that worked! It's as if the sword just doesn't wanna be used! XD

I tried to find an answer to my issue on the forums, but any conversation regarding the Borgiablade I managed to find went as far as finding and/or locating in one's discovering a way to acquire it! :sparrow Now, I'm not sure if this is purposely the case so as to force the players to discover the solution to their own problem on their own due to it being another well thought-of, super secret unique mechanic, or if it simply isn't mentioned because it isn't an issue for other players.

If, by chance, it is a well thought-of, super secret unique mechanic, minus the secret bit... what is it??? What did I miss? Do I need some special ability, item or skill level? Do I need to fuse it with my blade? Say a magic word? Have a specific officer with me?

Thank you in advance.

That bizarre
You should just be able to equip it.

Using other poisoned weapons should work against him too.
Like a Stinkpot.
Ot poisoned blowing darts.

When I look at them in my inventory, I am presented with the option "Equip" and if selected, the small icon indicating that the weapon has been equipped will show itself. However, when I leave the inventory and press "1" to equip the blade, it automatically switches back to my previous weapon! I then tried to give each of my officers one blade, but not even that worked! It's as if the sword just doesn't wanna be used! XD
You say that you can select and equip the weapon from the inventory. That is good.

You do not need to press '1' to then equip it again. Pressing '1' does not equip your chosen weapon. Disregarding what you have already chosen, the game picks what it thinks is the best weapon and equips that. It does not always choose well. The only time I press '1' is if I'm in combat, my weapon has just broken, and pressing '1' is the quickest way to equip something - I don't care what, any sword has to be better than bare fists!

The same applies to pistols and '2'. You can equip your choice of pistol from the inventory. Pressing '2' equips the game's choice of pistol instead - regardless of whether you're carrying suitable ammunition.

Officers and other NPC's can't equip special weapons such as borgiablades, grenades etc. There's a setting in "PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h" which you can change:
Code:
#define NO_SPECIALWEAPONED_NPC            1        // BOOL - change to 0 if NPCs shall equip special weapons
Note that if you change this to 0, your officers can use special weapons such as the borgiablade and so can enemies, so don't be surprised if someone then throws a grenade at you!

You do not need to press '1' to then equip it again. Pressing '1' does not equip your chosen weapon. Disregarding what you have already chosen, the game picks what it thinks is the best weapon and equips that. It does not always choose well. The only time I press '1' is if I'm in combat, my weapon has just broken, and pressing '1' is the quickest way to equip something - I don't care what, any sword has to be better than bare fists!

The same applies to pistols and '2'. You can equip your choice of pistol from the inventory. Pressing '2' equips the game's choice of pistol instead - regardless of whether you're carrying suitable ammunition.
I see! What do I do to draw my weapon then? Is there another button or control I can change?

You draw the weapon the same way you always have. Pressing '1', or not pressing it, has no effect on the control to draw your weapon. It just affects which weapon will be in your hand.

You draw the weapon the same way you always have. Pressing '1', or not pressing it, has no effect on the control to draw your weapon. It just affects which weapon will be in your hand.
Ah, but I've always used "1" to draw my weapon... What is the command supposed to be?

Try 'E'.

Failing that, go to the main menu (the first screen when you start PoTC, otherwise press F1 while in the game). From there click on "Options", where you should be able to find a section on controls, specifically those for fight mode. There should be a setting for "Draw/Sheath Sword".

Try 'E'.

Failing that, go to the main menu (the first screen when you start PoTC, otherwise press F1 while in the game). From there click on "Options", where you should be able to find a section on controls, specifically those for fight mode. There should be a setting for "Draw/Sheath Sword".
I see. I had the "Draw/Sheath Sword" control set to "1". I just changed it to "E" and it works!

Thank you so much for your help and patience! :rpirate

Back