• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug Build 14 - Arrow keys switch between different ships in area

Jerdna_Stark

Powder Monkey
Hello there!

I'm having a peculiar issue with a profile in Free Play that doesn't occur on other profiles - while sailing, every time I press the arrow keys to switch between the options "Sail To", "Map" and the rest, my camera switches from my ship to the next ship in my fleet and when it reaches the last ship, it switches to the first ship listed in the area and so on until it comes full circle back to my primary ship (this happens when I click the right arrow key; the left arrow key does the same but the other way around - from my primary ship to the last ship listed in the area and so on).
This started a few weeks ago, sometime after I managed to capture a Fast Galleon, it has not happened to me before that. And, as I said, it does not happen on other profiles (all of them being in Free Play).

I'm not sure if this is the right sub-forum to post this thread on since I don't know if it's even a bug or something I might've messed up in the settings or the game's configuration, but if anybody has the solution to this, I would be immeasurably grateful to them if they shared it. :cheers

If you keep Control pressed, that is what is supposed to happen.
But sounds liked it's doing it on its own for you?
That's quite bizarre...

I've occasionally seen this as well. Without pressing Ctrl and for no other apparent reason, arrow keys suddenly start switching between ships. Later on, also for no apparent reason, they stop doing it. I don't think I've seen it in FreePlay but that's because I don't usually do much FreePlay except for quick tests; normally I play a storyline and the problem shows up when I've been playing for a long time. (The general fix for weirdness, deleting "options", doesn't help.)

There is a workround. If I switch to first person view, i.e. on my deck instead of from outside the ship, pressing arrows does not switch view to any other ship or deck.

I've occasionally seen this as well. Without pressing Ctrl and for no other apparent reason, arrow keys suddenly start switching between ships. Later on, also for no apparent reason, they stop doing it. I don't think I've seen it in FreePlay but that's because I don't usually do much FreePlay except for quick tests; normally I play a storyline and the problem shows up when I've been playing for a long time. (The general fix for weirdness, deleting "options", doesn't help.)

There is a workround. If I switch to first person view, i.e. on my deck instead of from outside the ship, pressing arrows does not switch view to any other ship or deck.
I'm glad that there's a way around it if there isn't a solution. I don't know how I didn't think of going first person before. Thank you!

Back