• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 GAMMA [Last Update: 31st December 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The update for June is now available from the usual place:
http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/potc/Grey Roger/post_25May_updates.zip

The single biggest new feature should not be visible to most of us! @Maximus has put in a lot of work to translate the game into Russian, which can now be selected from the "Interface" section of the "Options" menu. It should have no effect if you play the game in English.

Musket fire now works differently - the number of enemy crew killed depends on your crew size, not the enemy's. So if you're in a lugger, you're not going to wipe out a quarter of the crew of a frigate any more because your crew do not have that sort of firepower! On the other hand, if you're the one in the frigate, you'll probably wipe out rather more than just a quarter of the lugger's crew.

And @The Nameless Pirate has introduced a new character for us to play, Geralt of Rivia, who somehow found his way into the Caribbean from the "Witcher" universe and now roams the seas with a small ship and a big sword.

Attachments

• fixes.txt
    11.6 KB · Views: 178
Nice, Downloading the update as writing this. :cheers

Also, maybe for the next update i should add this haircut for Geralt:
bowl.png:rofl

Quick Question - with the Extra Fix Archive do you need to install via the installer or do you just extract the
files into the game folder and overwrite the previous ones? Thanks

I'm hoping to release a new update soon, so could anyone with stuff to add please upload it, preferably by the end of this week? That includes but is not limited to @Jack Rackham and @The Nameless Pirate.

What I plan to do is then upload the update and wait a couple of weeks. Translators then have a chance to look through the various text files for what has changed and make their translated versions. So, after translated texts have been uploaded, I'll upload the whole lot again. After that, if @Mad Jack Wolfe is willing, it can be used for a new installer.

As of now I don't have anything ready to upload and I am away from home and I use my laptop so I don't have all of the files from my desktop.
In addition, I'm using mobile internet meaning data caps and I had changed my laptop's hard drive recently so I don't have all of my tools installed.

Still, some idea may come and if it is code based and relatively quick I may have something ready but that is not sure. :shrug

If it still doesn't work, please upload the .log files from your main game folder.
Hopefully those would tell us what happened.

Apologies for the delayed response, I have been on work placement for the last few weeks. It is still not working
so I have attached all of the .log files. Many thanks

Attachments

• error.log
    94 bytes · Views: 136
  • system.log
    239 bytes · Views: 130
  • engine.ini
    35.4 KB · Views: 128
  • enbseries.ini
    2.5 KB · Views: 129
  • enbseries.ini
    2.5 KB · Views: 136
Apologies for the delayed response, I have been on work placement for the last few weeks. It is still not working
so I have attached all of the .log files. Many thanks
From error.log:
Code:
COMPILE ERROR - file: characters\characters.h; line: 46
define redefinition: PASSENGERS_MAX
That confirms something didn't install correctly.

Can you describe the exact steps on how you installed the mod?
Let's see if we can figure this one out... :ninja

From error.log:
Code:
COMPILE ERROR - file: characters\characters.h; line: 46
define redefinition: PASSENGERS_MAX
That confirms something didn't install correctly.

Can you describe the exact steps on how you installed the mod?
Let's see if we can figure this one out... :ninja

I downloaded it and then extracted it over the game files with WinRAR

could you also upload "compile.log" please?

compile.log doesn't seem to appear in the game folder

I downloaded it and then extracted it over the game files with WinRAR
That might be your mistake. Don't extract the Build Mod.

Reinstall PoTC from CD - and don't put it in the default location, which is somewhere in "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)". My own preference is "C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean".

Download Build 14 Part 1 and Build 14 Part 2 from the links in the first post of this thread, and put them somewhere other than the game installation folder. It doesn't much matter where that is, as long as it's not in "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)", and as long as Part 1 and Part 2 are together in the same folder as each other. Then just run Part 1, which is the Installation Wizard. It will extract Part 2 by itself and then copy everything into place.

Finally, download the Extra Fix Archive, also from the link in the first post of this thread. This is the only part which you need to extract yourself as it's just a zip file.

That might be your mistake. Don't extract the Build Mod.

Reinstall PoTC from CD - and don't put it in the default location, which is somewhere in "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)". My own preference is "C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean".

Download Build 14 Part 1 and Build 14 Part 2 from the links in the first post of this thread, and put them somewhere other than the game installation folder. It doesn't much matter where that is, as long as it's not in "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)", and as long as Part 1 and Part 2 are together in the same folder as each other. Then just run Part 1, which is the Installation Wizard. It will extract Part 2 by itself and then copy everything into place.

Finally, download the Extra Fix Archive, also from the link in the first post of this thread. This is the only part which you need to extract yourself as it's just a zip file.

Sorry, I meant I extracted the fixes I installed the build mod its self via the installer

There's definitely something wrong with that installation. The error message is complaining because the system has found a variable called "PASSENGERS_MAX" in file "characters.h", but "PASSENGERS_MAX" hasn't been in there for at least two years - it's now in a different file, "globals.c". So your version somehow has an obsolete "characters.h" and a modern "global.c", the variable is defined in both of them, and the system doesn't like that.

Try again. Wipe that installation, then install the game from CD, then use only the links in the first post of this thread for Build 14.

Ok, here are my latest changes. It's all WoodesRogers: some bugfixes part1 and more parts ready part2.

Attachments

• JRH files 4831 19-08-30.7z
    1 MB · Views: 397
There's definitely something wrong with that installation. The error message is complaining because the system has found a variable called "PASSENGERS_MAX" in file "characters.h", but "PASSENGERS_MAX" hasn't been in there for at least two years - it's now in a different file, "globals.c". So your version somehow has an obsolete "characters.h" and a modern "global.c", the variable is defined in both of them, and the system doesn't like that.

Try again. Wipe that installation, then install the game from CD, then use only the links in the first post of this thread for Build 14.

Fixed! I had a copy of the build mod already downloaded I was using, must have been an outdated version. Many thanks for your help.:onya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back