• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved build mod 14 2.2 new game crash

ghost225

Landlubber
Hi guys, just installed the game and mod for the first time, and i have the dreaded "new game" crash
yes i do have an intel card, however the game itself actually works, and did work with the intel card patch, didn't have this problem until i tried to play jack sparrows storyline, and now none of the storylines will start, tha game still works because when i try to play sparrows story again, the game loads and runs the first intro and plays fine up to the conversation with gibbs in tortuga, then as soon as it tries to load the "port" area, ctd.
please help,
i have heard of the options.c file fix, but i couldn't find the file.
thx ahead

Removing the "options" file in your main game folder only works if the game got corrupted, but as I understand it, you never got it to fully work at all.

I'd recommend you reinstall the unmodded game, apply either the NEW Intel fix OR the SwiftShader workaround and run the game without mods first.
It could be that because you've got an Intel GFX card, the game crashes as soon as it tries to do anything with the sea.
Once the game is working without the modpack, you can install that too and it should work just as well.

Back