• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Can I get the original version work?

As @DavyJack said, press F2 to bring up the interface screen. Scroll through the characters to your chosen officer. Now click the "Inventory" tab as if you were looking at your own inventory; instead, you'll be looking at the officer's inventory.

Alternatively, walk up to your officer and press Enter. There should be a line of icons at the bottom of the screen, among which are one to talk and one to trade items. You can then exchange items between the officer's inventory and your own.

As @DavyJack said, press F2 to bring up the interface screen. Scroll through the characters to your chosen officer. Now click the "Inventory" tab as if you were looking at your own inventory; instead, you'll be looking at the officer's inventory.

Alternatively, walk up to your officer and press Enter. There should be a line of icons at the bottom of the screen, among which are one to talk and one to trade items. You can then exchange items between the officer's inventory and your own.

Unfortunately doesn't work. As an experienced RPG player, I tried both. No matter I do, clicking, double clicking, right clicking on my officers, I end up in my inventory. And I can't find anything in the conversation about exchanging equipment :(

Unfortunately doesn't work. As an experienced RPG player, I tried both. No matter I do, clicking, double clicking, right clicking on my officers, I end up in my inventory. And I can't find anything in the conversation about exchanging equipment :(
It's not a conversation option. If instead of the shortcut to speak with an officer directly (spacebar by default), you press Enter, you'll get several different icons on the bottom of the screen. The mouth icon is to speak, and the circling arrows icon is to exchange items. I'm not sure if it'll let you take their equipped weapon but if you give them a better one, they'll switch to it when you exit the menu and you can repeat the process to take the original weapon from them if you want.

F2, opens your screen that you see your character picture at the left, and all your stats at the right, if you notice, at the bottom right corner it says "EXCHANGE" but its in gray and you can't click, now look at your profile picture at the left, and on top of the picture is your name, at each side of the name you'll see an arrow, if you click these, it cycles the same screen interface for your officers, showing their stats at the right etc, when looking at the officers page, you can now click the "EXCHANGE" button at the bottom right corner, and a new interface for exchanging items with that officer opens up

It's not a conversation option. If instead of the shortcut to speak with an officer directly (spacebar by default), you press Enter, you'll get several different icons on the bottom of the screen. The mouth icon is to speak, and the circling arrows icon is to exchange items. I'm not sure if it'll let you take their equipped weapon but if you give them a better one, they'll switch to it when you exit the menu and you can repeat the process to take the original weapon from them if you want.

Ok, it worked. Thanks a lot!

F2, opens your screen that you see your character picture at the left, and all your stats at the right, if you notice, at the bottom right corner it says "EXCHANGE" but its in gray and you can't click, now look at your profile picture at the left, and on top of the picture is your name, at each side of the name you'll see an arrow, if you click these, it cycles the same screen interface for your officers, showing their stats at the right etc, when looking at the officers page, you can now click the "EXCHANGE" button at the bottom right corner, and a new interface for exchanging items with that officer opens up

Figured it out! I was trying to do from passengers screen, not characters screen, lol, my bad. Now I realised I can get perks for my companions as well! Awesome!
Thanks a lot!

Absolutely. Press F2 and just select which officer you want and remove whatever equipment they have that you don't like, give them new ones from your inventory and that's what they'll equip.

ok guys, I have another question. Now I have a second ship in my fleet, can I assign officers to that ship? I tried from ship exchange menu but all I could do was change the captain of the second ship. It would be really great if I could assign officers to my second ship

also my quest is bugged: find danielle. I cannot speak with mine commander :(

ok guys, I have another question. Now I have a second ship in my fleet, can I assign officers to that ship? I tried from ship exchange menu but all I could do was change the captain of the second ship. It would be really great if I could assign officers to my second ship
Yes. Go to the same screen where you change the captain. Click the square below the captain; you can then assign a secondary officer there. You'll probably get a warning that the officer can't command a ship that size, which doesn't really matter much even for the captain and can safely be ignored for the secondary officer.
also my quest is bugged: find danielle. I cannot speak with mine commander :(
When you left Bridgetown to go to the mine, were you attacked by a group of thugs wanting to enslave you? (Not the groups of thugs who wait for you further down the path. This group should have appeared immediately after you left the town and should have talked to you before attacking.)

Can you upload a savegame in which you are at the mine?

Yes. Go to the same screen where you change the captain. Click the square below the captain; you can then assign a secondary officer there. You'll probably get a warning that the officer can't command a ship that size, which doesn't really matter much even for the captain and can safely be ignored for the secondary officer.

Yes, I figured this out and it asked me if I am sure I wanted to assign captain. I pressed no :D Ok, now It works, my second ship has a gunner as well :)

When you left Bridgetown to go to the mine, were you attacked by a group of thugs wanting to enslave you? (Not the groups of thugs who wait for you further down the path. This group should have appeared immediately after you left the town and should have talked to you before attacking.)

Yes, I was attacked and taken into mine as slave worker. However I talked my way out of it. The guy who helps with the tablets to me, I have read that I should be able to save him either by talking to mine commander or starting a riot at mine. I can't do both. I have uploaded a save file just after I got freed from mine, before talking to other slave who helps. (I hope it works since I needed to add .txt at the end. If not, I'll upload .rar)

Attachments

• -=Eren=- Barbados. Barbados mine September 12th, 1751.txt
    9.2 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:
That sounds about right. If you were captured then Leborio Drago helps you to fight your way out of the mine and you don't talk to the mine commander.

If your "Melee" skill is high enough then you're not captured by the thugs. You fight them and make your own way to the mine. That's when you talk to the mine commander about the tablets.

Ok, so I guess was was my fault to approach the port with British flag but I can swear this function was not available in vanilla game. Now Oiseau is kicking my tiny lugger's little butt like there is no tomorrow. Anyway, I'll find a way myself and delete this thread after some time.

Cheers!
You could always just turn on Virgile Boon on land and kill him right away. This will get rid of the Oiseau and make you accomplish the mission instantly.

Or, you could sail to Redmond first and have the fort obliterate his ship.

Back