• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Tutorial Can I make my own nation in the game?

GqM

Powder Monkey
Good day to'all Captains! :ahoy

Can I make my own nation in the game and put some of the colonies on some deserted islands like on Turks, Dominica and even on the small Tobago? I will really be excited if I can really do that because I am going to create madness in the "New World"(Caribbean) and capture many other islands using my nation! Can someone please reply to this thread? :bounce

Thanks for taking your time to read a fortuate pirate's thread! :cheers

Calm down, matey.... :wp

It is probably theoretically possible, but would take a lot of time and effort to do well.
First file to start looking would be PROGRAM\NATIONS\nations.c .

I've never played around with CoAS very much, but you can have a look at the PotC code because we added two new nations in there.
The structure between both games are similar, so at least that should give you some clues.

It is probably theoretically possible, but would take a lot of time and effort to do well.
First file to start looking would be PROGRAM\NATIONS\nations.c .

I've never played around with CoAS very much, but you can have a look at the PotC code because we added two new nations in there.
The structure between both games are similar, so at least that should give you some clues.
Thanks!

Hi, as Pieter says it's a hard work to do. There're many folders to check and modify as Nations, Encounters, Island, Colonies, Worldmap,
Characters...And Interface, Flags, Icons...

I added two nations ingame, "morvis" (squeleton) for Acknuth (the Ackmod) with them own island (you've to add coordonnates for towns in Island.gm) and
Portuguese (without island caus they where'nt so high in América).

You can see my job here :

And perhaps you could tell us some more about your project.

Regards.

Hi, as Pieter says it's a hard work to do. There're many folders to check and modify as Nations, Encounters, Island, Colonies, Worldmap,

I added two nations ingame, "morvis" (squeleton) for Acknuth (the Ackmod) with them own island (you've to add coordonnates for towns in Island.gm) and

Regards.
Wow! Nice islands and you made a graveyard in the game. Looks like all of us can tamper with AoP2. I will just maybe add the Skeleton Flag and build Skeleton nations in Turks and Dominica. I will make a new quest that is simliar to the "Kill the Beggars" and "In the City of Abandoned Ships" quest and I will use Cayman island for it.

Regards.

Well, I decided not to add my own nation. So does that mean that I do not have to edit the nations_init C File?

Regards.
I have decided to not create a new island not a new nation. I only want to create towns on some islands that doesn't have any towns. What init.c files must I look at?

I have decided to not create a new island not a new nation. I only want to create towns on some islands that doesn't have any towns. What init.c files must I look at?
Well, the game kept crashing after I edited it. Maybe I forgot to edit some other files or I might have coded it wrongly. I edited the colonies, islands, world map and STORE Files. What other files must I edit? Can someone please help me?
Thanks.

Hi,

Did you add your new town in Program\Locations\init\"island you want to modify".c ? And islands that have'nt town haven't reload from sea for your new town, only
for shores. You've then to import one (or go to town by jungle).

Edit: you'll find a part of my work here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/op1aoz57gycwuud/New_town_in_Caiman.rar

I think just right now I didn't put the Resource\Ini\Texts\Russian LocLables.txt
This town is pirate, but you can change that in Worldmap.init.

And so, if your game crashes again, post your error.log and System.log, please.

Last edited:
Hi,

Did you add your new town in Program\Locations\init\"island you want to modify".c ? And islands that have'nt town haven't reload from sea for your new town, only
for shores. You've then to import one (or go to town by jungle).

Edit: you'll find a part of my work here:

New town in Caiman.rar

I think just right now I didn't put the Resource\Ini\Texts\Russian LocLables.txt
This town is pirate, but you can change that in Worldmap.init.

And so, if your game crashes again, post your error.log and System.log, please.
I couldn't start a new character as whenever I start a new game, the screen turns black. However, when I play as Peter Blood, it works but at one part of the quest couldn't be completed as there was some bug that Dr. Whacker wasn't at the Tavern room. Wait, are you using Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships or Age of Pirates 2: Gentlemen of Fortune? If you are using Gentlemen of Fortune then that explains why it doesn't work with my Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships. Anyways, I decided not to mess around with the files just in case the whole game goes wrong. Anyway, thanks for the help, matey!

Back