• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannons indicator

Captain Normal

Landlubber
Hey there,

Ive started playing without the sailing indicator on... I can see which way the winds going by looking at the flags and waves.. the masts have started working again and bend with the wind now... (they started working when I turned the sailling indicator off)

But theres one thing I can't know without the sailing indicator on, its the cannons... I don't know how to know if theyve reloaded and are ready to fire without actually firing... I can't hear so I don't know if theres some voice bit that tells you when theyve reloaded...

I don't suppose theres anything that can be done in the form of some sort of notification of when the cannons have been reloaded... ? I've got a watch stuck up on the monitor now that I use to measure the reload lengths...

Wow a watch, now thats dedication :huh xD: :cheers

Before the yards didn't seem to track the wind for Cpt. Normal.

CN: I believe Mehrunes found what object cannon reloads are stored in; when I get a chance I'll add the SD1 "xxx guns ready cap'n" based on those vars.

<!--`QuoteBegin-KevO44`+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KevO44)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Wow a watch, now thats dedication :huh  xD:  :cheers[/quote]Necessity is the mother of invention! Great idea, Captain Normal!

I took a look at my sails and yardarms when sailing today to check, and everything seems normal here. And I use the sailing indicator. So I wonder what could have caused that problem! :?

Nathan, is the SD "guns ready cap'n" a soundbyte? Captain Normal says he cannot hear.

:cheers: ;)
My apologies Captain Normal. I'm afraid I didn't read your post with the attention I should have.

What I'll do if you want is set it so it'll put a log on the screen when something reloads.
I'll have to dig up Mehrunes's post on where that's stored though.

Aye,

That'd be swell if ye can find out how to do that... ye would have my gratitude! Tis true I can't hear.. so unfortunately I need note of the reloads in the form of a text notification....

It would consist only of adding an extra line or a couple lines of C code in a certain file... would it? Do they have to be recompiled?

Hmm.. I'd love to have some text that comes up, like "Starboard cannons fully reloaded!" I hope ye can find the code...

On the ship status screen... the cannon reload lengths are nowhere near what they in reality are... They may say 40 seconds.. but when I'm in a battle they're around 20 seconds... I guess the status screen doesnt take into account my cannonners skill ...

Back