• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Cannot Filter on English Ships in Select Storyline

Pieter Boelen

Navigation Officer
Administrator
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
Did anyone notice the "England" selection filter for ships in Select Storyline didn't seem to exist?
So while you can search for all "French" ships or all "Spanish" ones, you couldn't find all "English" ones!
I certainly never noticed that before and I only did because I wanted to use it to check Fixed - No Valid Ship Types with National Paint Schemes OFF | PiratesAhoy! for @danitim1.

Next thing I know, I end up spending an hour trying to figure this one out.
And once I finally did, I could track down the ACTUAL bug I was trying to tackle within minutes. :rofl

Long story short: It wasn't working before and now it does.
Will be in my next upload.

As an added bonus: "England" will now be called that in Early Explorers and The Spanish Main
and changes to "Britain" for the rest of the periods.
This affects exclusively the Select Storyline Interface. Everything else should already be OK.

The reason for this is actually because "England" got renamed to "Britain" in Golden Age of Piracy, which is the default period.
That led to the game searching for ships with refShip.britain instead of refShip.england , which do not exist.
But that wasn't actually the problem; the ROOT cause was because a different function didn't work as it was meant to.
Looks like that was NEVER correct in the first place. We just didn't notice until now.

Back