• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cannot 'Sail On': GoF Hist Eras 2

connelius

Landlubber
MK's GOF Privateers & Profit 2.8.17 / X64-9
Windows 10 PC - AMD CPU +Nvidia GPU

Hi there. I am very new to the game/mod and am slowly learning how to play. I am very likely doing something wrong, but I cannot seem to accept the 'Sail On' option from the Engage/Sail On dialogue. Sometimes I cannot even select 'Sail On' but have certainly never been able to activate it so I always have to go for 'Engage' when I would rather wait until I have more crew etc.
Any help gratefully received.

The ability to skip worldmap encounters is unchanged from stock, vanilla COAS. If the player (or Navigator) has the Ship Perk, "Old Sea Dog," then any encounter, except certain "quest" encounters, can be skipped. If the player does not have that perk, then a random chance to skip is provided, but is dependent on the Navigation skill; the lower the skill, the skipping is not possible, but the higher the skill, then the more likely you will be able to skip. At very high skill levels, nearly every encounter can be skipped with "Sail On", and with very low skill, most encounters will require "Engage" and "Sail On" is disabled.

Back