• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Cannot use Weaponslocker in Tutorial

HellSailor

Privateer
Storm Modder
Hello guys again! It has been a while since I last talked here on the forums... I didn't have too much time to try the new features of the "almost" Beta 3.3 release. I have to say that until mid-February i can't play too often POTC, as I am near my important exams on January-February. But hey, i Have seen new features, and they seem cool!

But i noticed one weird bug: When you are in the deck of an small ship (Let's say, a sloop), the locator in where you should be able to go to sail doesn't appear. And this has been happening since the Beta 3.3 WIP versions of December. And also one feature not really important is that when you are doing a tutorial, the weaponslocker doesn't appear to be open (The locator isn't there, so in the screen it doesn't appear). I know it is too late to say this bugs, but unfortunately I didn't have time before as I was busy on Christmas.

But i noticed one weird bug: When you are in the deck of an small ship (Let's say, a sloop), the locator in where you should be able to go to sail doesn't appear. And this has been happening since the Beta 3.3 WIP versions of December. And also one feature not really important is that when you are doing a tutorial, the weaponslocker doesn't appear to be open (The locator isn't there, so in the screen it doesn't appear). I know it is too late to say this bugs, but unfortunately I didn't have time before as I was busy on Christmas.
It is never too late to report potentially serious gameplay issues. Better we know about them BEFORE release!

So I tried the following:
1. Start New Game on the Nathaniel Hawk storyline, using the "Sloop1" as starting ship
2. Play through the tutorial and put the cutlasses in the weaponslocker
3. After getting onto the Speighstown pier, immediately turn around and use Space to go onto my ship's deck
4. Walk towards the helm and press Space again to go to sea

All worked smoothly without problems. o_O

Last edited:
ZIP attached to opening post for a second time. I didn't think I'd manage it anymore today,
but it now includes the ability to summon storms with Neptune's Trident as well.

It is never too late to report potentially serious gameplay issues. Better we know about them BEFORE release!

1. Start New Game on the Nathaniel Hawk storyline, using the "Sloop1" as starting ship
3. After getting onto the Speighstown pier, immediately turn around and use Space to go onto my ship's deck

What? Ehm... I don't know it that was fixed in the latest versions, since I didn't have much time to play it. But hey, what i was talkiing about was real, i couldn't go to sea in the helm on the deck :shock

And also the weapons in the weaponslocker? Hmm... maybe that's because i have problems with the file options? It's very old but it is very stable with quicksaves.

I tried what you said, and here is the result:

No weaponslocker.jpg

Below the .log archives. I installed latest fixes and improvents.

EDIT: Also i found something strange on the Brave Black Flag storyline:

Letters with error.jpg

Also I tested the weaponslocker here and it didn't work. But the helm work as it should be and lets me go to sea.

Attachments

• compile.log
    6.9 KB · Views: 52
  • error.log
    2.1 KB · Views: 63
  • system.log
    7.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Strange. I'm also playing "Brave Black Flag" and completed the tutorial without any trouble. How did you get those "error" items?

@HellSailor: Are you using the Build default settings or did you tweak some things to your own liking?
That may be why it works for me and Grey Roger, but not for you. If I know your settings, we can see if we can confirm the issue.

Strange. I'm also playing "Brave Black Flag" and completed the tutorial without any trouble. How did you get those "error" items?

I don't know. I got these error items since the first time I played this storyline; that is, since the first release of the storyline.

@HellSailor: Are you using the Build default settings or did you tweak some things to your own liking?
That may be why it works for me and Grey Roger, but not for you. If I know your settings, we can see if we can confirm the issue.

Yes, I changed some things to my liking. But nothing important, I think. Anyway, how can I show you my game preferences here as a file?

Yes, I changed some things to my liking. But nothing important, I think. Anyway, how can I show you my game preferences here as a file?
Did you use Advanced Options or InternalSettings.h? You can upload that file along with "options".

Can you try doing the exact same thing on the Nathaniel Hawk storyline? See if it is storyline-dependent at all?
Also, consider doing the "remove options file" trick.

I changed a few things as well. Disabled loading hints, set pirates to be able to use merchants as well as warships, enabled sidestep, enabled brothels, set survival to 130 so death really means death.

This is the first time I've tried "Brave Black Flag", and it's under the most recent release of Beta 3.3, though with not quite the most recent zip file add-on.

I've yet to try walking to the helm. Usually I use fast-travel to get round the ship, to port or to sea.

Did you use Advanced Options or InternalSettings.h? You can upload that file along with "options".

Can you try doing the exact same thing on the Nathaniel Hawk storyline? See if it is storyline-dependent at all?
Also, consider doing the "remove options file" trick.

I changed some values on InternalSettings, but only the ones which enable the cheatmode and other useful tricks, like unlimited loot, etc. The rest I changed when I was playing, in the options menu, then go to game preferences. The options file is that one which appears with error, compile and system logs?

I started a new game on boh storylines, BBF and Standard storyline. In both of them, during the tutorial, i couldn't put the cutlasses on the weaponslocker, because no icon of weaponslocker appeared; that is, no locator was there.

And... I wouldn't like to delete my actual options file, because this file is stable for doing me quicksaves. If I delete it, then quicksaves wouldn't work well, with the message log saying: There isn't an active profile. That was some time ago. But now I think it doesn't matter, since the game has been more stable, I think. But hey, i will consider deleting it, and see what happens.

Generally I find that saving works better after deleting the file. Anyway, that is indeed the one. If you upload it, I'll have a quick check.

Here you have. I copied it and move to another folder outside the game. Unfortunately, deleting the file hasn't helped in fixing the "error items" and the problem of the locator of the weaponslocker. It seems it's something about the installation of the Build 14, which seems to have been corrupted a little with the new patches.

Attachments

• options.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 36
Thanks for checking it with a renewed options file. That means that hopefully this is indeed a consistent problem, which would mean I should be able to replicate it.

Problem confirmed with your settings. :yes

Also, you have a fair bit of garbage at the bottom of your options file. If you haven't deleted it yet, I recommend you do so soon.
Or always keep a clean copy somewhere safe.

The two "error" items are due to PROGRAM\Storyline\BraveBlackFlag\quests\both_reaction.c:
Code:
        locations[FindLocation(PChar.location)].box1.items.powderflask = 1;  //JRMM
         locations[FindLocation(PChar.location)].box1.items.ammopouch = 1;  //JRMM
Replace with:
Code:
        if(ENABLE_AMMOMOD)
         {
           locations[FindLocation(PChar.location)].box1.items.powderflask = 1;  //JRMM
           locations[FindLocation(PChar.location)].box1.items.ammopouch = 1;  //JRMM
         }

Also PROGRAM\Locations\init\Ship.c find:
Code:
if (ENABLE_AMMOMOD)
Replace with:
Code:
if (WEAPONSLOCKER)
Four instances.

Why that used the wrong toggle, I have no clue. But that sets it right. :facepalm

Still some weird stuff with Ammo Mod OFF. Just got the "using gold" and "item removed from inventory" log messages for some reason.

Cool! Thanks a lot! Now it works! :D

I don't know why those two files got corrupted... so bizarre...

both_reaction.c was written that way by Jason Maffettone since he liked keeping things simple and probably wasn't aware the Ammo Mod was required for those two.

But ship.c I have no clue. Makes no sense. :facepalm

Anyway, caught and fixed. :onya

Back