• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cant buy letter of marque?

LittleMorgan

Landlubber
I tried for almost a month now to buy such a letter from the pirate guy - been to 4 or 5 pirate cities already but he always says he has "no connections" to get me such a patent atm.
Is this random?
Do I need to meet some hidden requirements for this to work?

I have the same:( Btw. how I can obtain it in legal way? I made several missions for islands governors and nothing happened.

best way to get your national rank up fast is to do the dutchman line and get the 666 black pearls collection quest option for governors missions. a few of those for the nation you want to work for and your standings will shoot up i think 2 or 3 of them my rank rose one whole level, vs tons of governors generic missions that raise it very very slowly.

<!--quoteo(post=324203:date=Jun 1 2009, 06:29 AM:name=LittleMorgan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LittleMorgan @ Jun 1 2009, 06:29 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324203"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I tried for almost a month now to buy such a letter from the pirate guy - been to 4 or 5 pirate cities already but he always says he has "no connections" to get me such a patent atm.
Is this random?
Do I need to meet some hidden requirements for this to work?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I think it's random. I asked him for it once, he said he can't. I asked him again immediately and he gave it to me.

<!--quoteo(post=324836:date=Jun 3 2009, 07:03 PM:name=Lebster)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lebster @ Jun 3 2009, 07:03 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324836"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I have the same:( Btw. how I can obtain it in legal way? I made several missions for islands governors and nothing happened.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
You need to do several missions for one governor. Once he's sufficiently impressed he will grant you a patent, from then on you can do governor-general missions.

Back