• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Can't get when ships at shipyards start appearing

tymojamson

Landlubber
First of all, sorry for my bad English. I'm from Russia, so I might make some mistakes.
Now, here's my issue. I started as a castaway, and it's been over two months of in-game time, but every shipyard I go (I visited 4 of them, 2 at Cuba and 2 at Santo-Domingo) don't have any kind of ships there.
The only thing that I can came up with is that I still have Commerce at level 1. Could that be a reason?
Before, I played as a merchant and ships started to appear from day 1 in game.
Please help me with that! When ships will start appearing on any kind of shipyards?

What Storyline are you playing again and does that problem only exist in that storyline?
I have a save on the "Tales of a Seahawk" storyline and I can see and buy a ship if I choose to right in the beginning. seadogs2_0002.jpgseadogs2_0000.jpg (As you can see) And your sailing skills should be the one to determine what class or how high of a Tier of ship you can sail and the shipwrights can offer you. I believe if you have a bad reputation with a nation, you will have problems buying a ship from them as well. Your commerce skills will determine how well the prices will be whenever you buy or trade with people.
Do you not see any ships being offered at all on the interface screen with the shipwrights? How does it look like? Is it greyed out like this one? seadogs2_0001.jpg

I play a Free Play storyline, and I chose Castaway role, perhaps that could be a reason. Also, I had my sailing skill at 2 and 3 - shipyards still were empty.
Also also, I don’t see any ships offered at all, I play for Spain and Spanish shipyards are still empty. The window of ships purchase is just empty :(

Which version of the game are you playing?

Can you upload a savegame? You'll need to zip it with something like 7-Zip to upload it to the forum, then just use the "Upload a File" button which is next to "Post Reply".

Also, after visiting a shipyard and looking at the screen where you should be able to buy ships, quit the game, then upload the files "compile.log", "system.log", and "error.log" if it exists. They should be at the top level of the game installation folder, not in "PROGRAM" or "RESOURCE". "compile.log" and "system.log" should definitely be there; "error.log" might not.

Welcome aboard, @tymojamson!!! :cheers

Do what @Grey Roger said and remember it in case something else turns up in the future.

The error.log, compile.log and system.log, really help to see if/what is wrong with your game.

Here, guys!
I will try to upload my save, but I tested and it seems that every time I try to start a new game, shipyards are empty
I checked those files myself. I get it that it's the Shipyard.c file can't load something. I tried the same build 14 on my other laptop and everything goes fine. Afterwards I tried using this working PROGRAM directory on my PC, but it still didn't work.

Attachments

• compile.log
    10.1 KB · Views: 142
  • error.log
    872 bytes · Views: 149
  • system.log
    4.1 KB · Views: 132
If it's working on the laptop but not on the desktop, my guess is that something went wrong during installation on the desktop. Try re-installing the game from scratch, starting with a basic install from CD. Once you've finished installing New Horizons, you might also want to install the update archive:
http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/potc/Grey Roger/post_25May_updates.zip
This contains over a year's worth of updates to the 25th May 2018 installation which you're using - it won't make any difference to the shipyard but will fix some other bugs.

Thanks a lot! Will do that tonight!
BTW, I've been playing Sea Dogs series for years (more than 10 years, actually), and your addons actually are the best! In Russia, we also have Cursed by Destiny addon, which goes to the City of Abandoned Ships game, and it is my second favourite. But you are just THE top, you actually achieved a masterpiece status! Thanks!

Thanks for your kind words, @tymojamson! :cheers

If you're from Russia, you definitely want to get the update. @Maximus has been working on a Russian translation. Though it's not yet complete, you can at least play some of the game in Russian. (You can help, if you like. Some dialogs have yet to be translated, including the storyline dialogs.)

Back