• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Can't Pass Through Transition Points

Richard Hales

Landlubber
I have been playing for many many days/hours on the latest Mod version, and haven't run into any problems. The only major issue I have seen is in jungle areas, trying to pass through transition areas, I just run against an invisible wall. I assumed it was just an incomplete area.

Now I cannot progress beyond the second jungle area in "The Silver Train", so it seems it's not just an unfinished area. I can move back to shore, back to that area, but I can never progress. I cannot find any other thread even remotely relating. I have applied just about every fix suggested for all other problems short of reinstalling. I don't want to start a new game, as it's not necessarily game breaking. If I'm safe to reinstall without losing my save, I can give that a try.

I have the latest save, showing a blocked area with an invisible wall, for the Spanish Camp, but I'm not sure how to upload it here.

Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• compile.log
    2.2 KB · Views: 252
  • system.log
    710 bytes · Views: 273
I have the latest save, showing a blocked area
You should be able to attach it to a forum post if you zip it first.

At the moment, the only explanation I can think of is that perhaps the correct reload is elsewhere in the location.

Zipped the file, this one is showing the next area as actually locked. From looking at the walkthrough for the quest, it seems there is supposed to be someone there to start the next phase, but no one is there. But as for the other areas I have run into, they were not attached to any quest. Just pathways to the next area that just stop. One thing I haven't tried is rolling back to a save before accepting the quest entirely, which if I still have one that far back I will try it out tonight.

As for the reload being in another location, if I remember right it was on the Turks island after the gold cavern, with the "trap door" that I was able to trigger with the space bar, I had to fast travel out because I could not go back in to the cavern I came from, or move through the path that seemed like it would load to the next area.

Attachments

• -=Rhales=- Petit Tabac. Jungle August 1st, 1751 1.zip
    1 MB · Views: 305
Back