• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Can't return governer quest (board currier vessel)

Cap'n Rosebud

Landlubber
Ahoy there!

I've accepted and (almost) finished a governer quest. The one where you have to find a currier vessel, board it and find some mail correspondence inside the captains cabin. Did all those things and went back to the governer (made a small de-tour only a few days) but he's just saying that if i'm looking for jobs I should ask the governer. Strange, since he's the governer who gave me the quest. I'm a 100% sure I'm at the right governer. Also, I have the "mail correspondence" right there in my inventory!

Small side-note: I obtained this quest while doing The Dutch Gambit (Holland Part 4) at the point, after completion, where I have to visit the governer of Willemstad the next day. So I went to his mansion the next day and talked to him, choosing the first option in the dialog which says I'd like to work for the Dutch crown and so he gave me this mission. Right after the conversation Rodenburg pops in starts his end-of-the-quest-dialog. Nothing buggy so far. Only when returning the guest a few days later the governer just acts like he doesn't know me.

One sad pirate remains.
Does anyone know how to fix this?

Last edited:
Ahoy Cap'n Rosebud!

I have exactly the same problem as you have posted. Took a mission from the Willemstad governor during Dutch Gambit. Finished it and don't get the reward dialouge when talking to the governor.
Sadly i have found no fix yet.
Did You find out how to solve this?

Ahoy Cap'n Rosebud!

I have exactly the same problem as you have posted. Took a mission from the Willemstad governor during Dutch Gambit. Finished it and don't get the reward dialouge when talking to the governor.
Sadly i have found no fix yet.
Did You find out how to solve this?

Unfortunately, Wolf73, I have not found a fix yet. I'm happy to know I'm not the only one :)
I did still have a save from just before accepting this governer quest. I assume it's just a bug. One that messes up the game. Also when I talk to other governers they remind me I still have to complete the one quest I got from the governer of Willemstad.. So you're unable to do governer quests anywhere at all from that point on.

The only thing you can do to prevent this bug from happening is to go to the Willemstad governer the next day (after completing said part of the Dutch Gambit) and just to wait inside the hall for Rodenburg to come in. (even "wait a few hours" if necessary)
As long as you don't activate the "work for the Dutch crown dialog".

Because if you do, Rodenburg comes in after your dialog with the governer is finished. Then he rewards you and then right after that the dialog with the governer opens. He will reward you as well and THAT is where it goes wrong I think. 'Cause NOW the good governer thinks he has already rewarded you for your services a.k.a. "assignment for the governer". All the other island governers have been set to tell you that you still have a governer mission in Willemstad where as the actual governer of Willemstad is sort of set that he already rewarded you and there is no actual governer mission currently active. (altough it still says so in your log). But in all fairness, I am no programmer so that last bit might be a false assumption.

Back