• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Cape Francos locator for mooring is too small

HellSailor

Privateer
Storm Modder
Using Build 14 Beta 4.1 WIP - Beta 28 May 2018

On Hispaniola island, Cape Francos has a locator that it's too small and it's placed too near the coast that, if you are sailing with good wind, with fast travel you could easily miss the locator in which to moor. There was even also the rare occasion that the locator didn't show up at all, so for smuggling or finding treasures via that place, results in a futile effort. Sadly I couldn't replicate again said problem.

Oyster Beach, on Puerto Rico, has the same visual beach as the one on Cape Francos, but the locator for mooring is much bigger and not so close to the coast.

Here I will put some screenshots around this place. Also the .logs archives. No error logs by the way.

Attachments

• compile.log
    30.3 KB · Views: 239
  • system.log
    2.4 KB · Views: 246
  • Cape Francos 1.jpg
    Cape Francos 1.jpg
    395.7 KB · Views: 275
  • Cape Francos 2.jpg
    Cape Francos 2.jpg
    378 KB · Views: 333
  • Cape Francos 3.jpg
    Cape Francos 3.jpg
    406.9 KB · Views: 315
  • Cape Francos 4.jpg
    Cape Francos 4.jpg
    405 KB · Views: 289
My fault, I'm afraid. The original locator for Cape Francos had the opposite problem; it was so far out to sea that, if I tried to direct-sail to Cape Francos, I always missed it because I was sailing between the beach and the locator. So I moved it in, presumably too far. But after I moved the locator, I could always find Cape Francos, which is important for me because Cape Francos plays a small but significant part in my "Ardent" storyline.

Try this one. Extract the file and put it in "RESOURCE\MODELS\Islands\Gaity". (I've no idea why Hispaniola is called Gaity for modelling purposes, but it is.)

You'll probably need to start a new game for it to take effect - I did. This is odd because a locator file is normally read when its scene is loaded, e.g. if I move or add a locator to a shore, I can then load a savegame, go to the shore, and the locator will be where I put it. But even if I put back the old "Gaity_locators.gm" and loaded up a savegame, the Cape Francos locator was still close to shore - only when I started a new game did it move to its old position out to sea.

Attachments

• Gaity_locators.zip
    991 bytes · Views: 195
I've no idea why Hispaniola is called Gaity for modelling purposes, but it is.
The island models we use were made by a Russian modding team many years ago.
I assume "Gaity" is the Russian spelling for "Haiti", which is of course the current name of one of the countries on the island.

You'll probably need to start a new game for it to take effect - I did. This is odd because a locator file is normally read when its scene is loaded, e.g. if I move or add a locator to a shore, I can then load a savegame, go to the shore, and the locator will be where I put it. But even if I put back the old "Gaity_locators.gm" and loaded up a savegame, the Cape Francos locator was still close to shore - only when I started a new game did it move to its old position out to sea.
If I recall, for whatever reason, 3D Sailing Mode locators are sorted out when you start a new game.
No clue why that is an exception to the rule. That drove @Jack Rackham and me quite nuts a few years back... :facepalm

My fault, I'm afraid. The original locator for Cape Francos had the opposite problem; it was so far out to sea that, if I tried to direct-sail to Cape Francos, I always missed it because I was sailing between the beach and the locator. So I moved it in, presumably too far. But after I moved the locator, I could always find Cape Francos, which is important for me because Cape Francos plays a small but significant part in my "Ardent" storyline.

Try this one. Extract the file and put it in "RESOURCE\MODELS\Islands\Gaity". (I've no idea why Hispaniola is called Gaity for modelling purposes, but it is.)

Thanks Grey, I will try to see if it now works well in a new game.

I have tested it and I have to say it is now much better. The locator is much bigger and extensive, and it goes further away from the cost. @Grey Roger , did you place the locator around the left side of the coast instead of the right side? It seems it has changed.

Here are some screenshots. Compare it with the previous ones.

Cape Francos Fixed 1.jpg Cape Francos Fixed 2.jpg Cape Francos Fixed 3.jpg Cape Francos Fixed 4.jpg

I have tested it and I have to say it is now much better. The locator is much bigger and extensive, and it goes further away from the cost. @Grey Roger , did you place the locator around the left side of the coast instead of the right side? It seems it has changed.
The locator is actually the same size it always was, which is the same size as other beach locators. But if I originally moved it too far inshore then some of the locator was probably on the beach and the only reason you could moor at Cape Francos at all is that some of it was still sticking out into the water!

The locator is closer to where it was originally. Due to the way the co-ordinates of the locator are arranged, that probably has pulled it back round to the left.

The locator is actually the same size it always was, which is the same size as other beach locators. But if I originally moved it too far inshore then some of the locator was probably on the beach and the only reason you could moor at Cape Francos at all is that some of it was still sticking out into the water!

The locator is closer to where it was originally. Due to the way the co-ordinates of the locator are arranged, that probably has pulled it back round to the left.

Then I think it's fixed properly :) Now it's properly working as intended.

Back