• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Captain's Blogbook

I think it was a diamond and a 2 pieces of aztec map... I have changed this for Patch 1 that will be released end of the month or early next month

You still haven't ditched Thomas? How can that be?
Doesn't he leave as soon as you arrive in Speightstown?

Thanks indeed on confirming the gold icon fix. I had been hoping that'd work.
Another thing for you to include in the next Patch then, Cap'n. :doff

Which flag belongs to which nation, eh? I think I know the issue you mean.
There's seperate navy and merchant flags and some of them don't look like the well-known flags.
We could put the flags-per-period somewhere in the Build documentation.
Or add the nations' flags in the Nation Relation interface?

The proper Jack-look is added to your inventory right upon starting the game.
Reason being, some people just really don't like looking like young Jack.
Of course once the story calls for it, you do change to the movie-Jack.
That change is automatic, by the way.

Navy grouch on the dock? In Speightstown? Captain Bligh, eh?
He does have some effect on the story. Unless you talk to him,
you can't follow the Sir Christopher Mings story.
Billy Brock version is always available,
but Mings won't go to the tavern until you tell Mr. Navy that you won't join them. ;)

Hornblower family? UH? What do you mean??? :shock
Oh... and as per above, Sir Christopher Mings has more than just a cameo.
He offers a completely alternate early beginning storyline.

The load button? What do you mean with that one? We've got only one in the Main menu, don't we???

And Brinkley changes outfits? What does she change from and what does she change to?

no, jeez. i clearly stated already that thomas the terror is now gone. poof.

so what's the aztec map for? if it's the ones for the temple dungeon, that's no good. they're laughably cheap, so i got them already.

personally, i'd like to see the flags in the relations interface. would be way more accessible.

no, we have a load menu after you select load in the main menu. been that way since the stock game. but the load button in the second menu is pointless, and sometimes breaks.

brinkley changes from her reskinned outfit (visible on the screenshot) into the stock game version of that skin.

You need for pieces of the aztec map to get to the treasure on Isla De Muerte so they are quite important, along with another bit of hardware ;)

if you're suggesting going back and trying again, i already told you that that didn't work.

Nah I just checked and that particular map piece is available from 2 different people. The other one is further on in the quest (part of the Cutler Beckett quest) and I dont think it lets you continue to Isla De Muerte until you have all 4 anyway (in the Brotherhood option there is but in Shaypen/Brock/Brinkley there isnt) :no

The Load button inside the Loan menu is just a confirmation, right?
It's needed so you can select which savegame to load. Or am I totally misunderstanding here?

Cap'n, can you find any references to Brinkley-outfit-changes in the code?
Thomas deliberately made a new one for her,
so it'd be a bit unfortunate if suddenly she decides she wants to look plain after all. :facepalm

Did you figure this one out yet, Cap'n? I looked into it before, but couldn't quickly figure it out.

And why has the Blogbook stopped being updated? I liked that! :whipa

Back