• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Captains of Darktide Beta Starts Today!

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
[imgleft]http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/5460/darktide.png[/imgleft]The closed beta sign-ups for Silverlodes Captains of Darktide begin today, currently, only US based realms will be accessible. Silverlode will admit EU players to the US servers; EU servers will be launching soon for an EU Closed Beta. I am still not quite sure what to think of this one. On one hand, it's a new pirate game concept and I am all for that! On the other, it's an MMORPG filled with fantasy elements and magic, not necessarily a bad thing, but I am an old school barbarian after all! Anyway Worthplaying has a bit of a preview of Darktide and some screen shots :

Unlike other pirate titles, Captains of DarkTide is set in a fantasy realm, combining magic and gunpowder, dragons and steamships, elves and orcs... Through questing and crafting, players will acquire fire-belching or lighting-spitting cannons, and can crew up with everything from orc snipers to dwarven bombardiers to dragon-summoning dark elves; and for all you undead fans, yes, even the lich and his minions are included.

You can read the full Worthplaying article and see the screen shots HERE, and you can sign up for the closed beta HERE!

Back