• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Capturing a colony playing POTC - stock version

Eatos

Landlubber
Hi guys!

Im new here and this may have been answered already but as far as my search went i havent found any pleasing results. Thats why I ask of you patience, your understading and most of all, your help!

My problem is that playing the unmodded version of the game, I opened fire agaisnt the fort of Isla Muelle thinking that maybe I could conquer it. After trading cannon shots the forts HP eventually dropped under 50% and the option to land on it appeared. I obviously rushed in there and got the better of them.

The issue is that after capturing the fort a message popped that i wasnt cautious enough to pay attention to, and then I was back on the ship. Afteer that, I landed onto the port and there were no people at all. Every single building that I could enter was empty and the streets were empty too.

I have absolutely no idea if that is supposed to happen or not. If it isnt, then i dont know what i did wrong, maybe I should have attacked the port buildings first and only then the fort? And if its supposed to work like that, I wonder if its worth to capture an island at all, since you lose all the gameplay that may occur in its town.

If someone could tell me how to manage this it will be most appreciated! Again I ask of your patience and tolerance on this big newbie which is me. :D

If I recall, that is indeed normal for the stock game.
You can only loot the town and that message which vanished probably told you how much money you got.
The inhabitants should return in a few game days or so.

"Capture Colonies" is a feature we added in the "New Horizons" mod.
There is still room for further improvement there, but now you can change town nationality or take it for yourself.

Back