• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Change key commands

smrtwhkd

Master Mariner
I really hate the current key command layout. I know you can modify some of the keys in the settings, but most of the key settings are hidden. I wonder if there is anyway I can change them? Any file that I can manually modify? I know a bit of coding so I don't mind more complex stuff.

I think that you should go and have a look in "options" file, in the main folder.
Just be sure to back it up just in case. ;)

Good luck! :cheers

PROGRAM\Controls\BuildDefaultControls.h should allow you much more freedom to set things up the way you want.
After changing, "Reset Controls to Default" in the game's Options menu.

I always had a bit of trouble changing set sails and strike sails to the arrow keys. It works when I change them in CONTROLS\DefaultControls then like @Pieter Boelen says, reset the controls in the control menu of the game, and then change the controls I can and want to in the menu (because those have just been reset obviously).

Others like going up and down the answers in the dialogue window, I can just change in the file and then they apply to the game without the reset.

I saw 2 files in PROGRAM\Controls\
1. controls (C Source)
2. DefaultControls (C header)
I don't see BuildDefaultControls.

Back