• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Changing model for Peter Blood campaign

ellway

Landlubber
I have been playing around with adding new skins for my character as I quite dislike the original Peter Blood model, however I prefer starting with his campaign (namely the ship and quest officers at the end of it.)

I have been changing the model for Peter Blood himself to various new models and it works perfectly at first, however, after once I get to the plantation after the first cutscene it reverts to the Peter Blood model. If I made any changes to the animation setting for Blood then it generally causes major graphic glitches as the model and animation no longer match.

I was just wondering if there was a way to work around this issue or something I could do to stop it from switching back. I was considering replacing the original Peter Blood models listed in the HeroDescribe file with renamed copies of the model file I intended to use, but just wanted to check if there was a better way that someone has come up with before trying it.

I've been looking over the forums for awhile now trying to figure this one out to no avail, so any input would be appreciated (especialy considering my intense dislike of the original Peter Blood model)

That model it changes you to ISNT the normal Peter Blood it is a slave version of him and the change to it is located in the quest_reaction.c. Changing the HeroDescribe in this case will do nothing so I wouldn't bother ;)

I can't tell you exactly where the change is located though I'm afraid :no

Well, I've looked all through the quest_reaction.c file. I can tell that there's things in there... many of those things look like letter, some of which form words... that's about my technical knowledge of programming for ya. :modding

I can't really find anything that appears to be what I'm after unfortunely.

I was quite tired when I wrote the post, my apologies, but I didn't mean making a change in the HeroDescribe file, I meant that I would use the HeroDescribe (or any other means) to identify the actual name of the file for this slave version of Peter, removing it, and then simply replacing it with a renamed copy of the model that I did want in its place. I was just wondering if something like that might work, and if so then what file could be replaced in such a way.

It may just be wishful thinking. I really do not like that default model and am starting to become obsessed with getting rid of it.

Back