• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Changing the way ships sink?

"I'm adding those values to the PotC Build mod; let's see what happens. :cheeky "

Well, some sinking, I guess. ;)

"Your album gives me a 'forbidden' error message. :facepalm "

Oh, them Internets. Always doing crazy things.

Does this work?

I'm thinking it's because of the French connection I'm having now; will probably work when I get back home. :facepalm

I put these new values in the PotC Build mod and it works nicely.
I don't know if it's realistic, but it sure is dramatic! Good job. :onya

Now I understand why Superchango was able to post those bizarre pictures of ships sinking almost vertically around him in the RTBL thread. :woot

Definately worth playing with!!! I'm gonna mess with it big time. :onya

What would be really cool though is the one effect from Empire Total War where the ship breaks in half and sinks in two parts. Now that would just be UBERCOOL! I notice a lot more fire as well in ETW. That would be a nice effect too to have ships that are still structurally sound and not sinking, but giant raging flaming masses afloat that threaten the safety of any ships around them. Would be Super cool at night!!!

MK

Ships breaking in half either aren't possible or are REALLY hard to accomplish.
Reason being, the ship model would have to be in two parts.
Actually, since masts can fall off the ships, maybe by making half the ship into a mast,
there *might* be some possibilities here.

I stuck Halfman's values in the PotC Build mod and it's been working fine for some time.
At least, we never got any comments on it at all, so I presume that is good news.
After all, people usually comment when they don't like something. ;)

Tought about that when i first saw the MoW's butt up in the air, but i'd rather make a game from scratch... :cheeky

24.gif
Nice one MK xD:

Nah we would make it to do with hull damage... I dont think we would make it so it happens very often (if we do, do it) :no

I'm not sure at what point masts fall off. I'm not aware of any 50% sail damage requirements for this.
But it might be different between PotC Build Mod and AoP/CoAS.

If i dont got it wrong, by what i understood from Luke reassigning hp for the RTBL, each mast has a given HP... and breakes when that hp goes to 0
Now... IF (and it's a big "if") someone does makes the anim to crack ships, i can think of two possibilities... one on critical hit that ends with 0 hp for the hull (when this happens there is a repeated explode effect), the other would be when a very large ship, such as the MoW or the SOTL, sink vertically ( does titanic rings any bell ?), in wich case the hull might not withstand the stress, thus cracking.

Sounds like it's completely different in CoAS then, which means I can't really help you much further. :shrug

Been absent for a long time again. I'm glad the numbers seem to work out well enough. A bit of variation goes a long way. Another thing I've been thinking of is giving each mast a random chance of breaking each time a ship explodes. With more fire. And more debris flying around. Might look nice. :) Should be way more easy to do than ships breaking up, although it would be pee-in-pants cool to have a burning hulk breaking up. :woot

Back