• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Character Has Gone AI

Mere_Mortal

Free Like a Radical
Storm Modder
I’m not kidding you, he’s walking around on his own! :monkeydance

I don’t know where he’s going or what he’s doing, but I’m thinking maybe he’s looking for the pub.

All I did was remove a block of code from the character transfer file, moved some officers around and it crapped out big time. I wound up with my own character in the passenger list, so I thought it would be a good idea to send him over to a companion. That was when I lost control of the character, I can do virtually nothing with him... except step sideways that is. I can sometimes talk to people if they are close enough in front of me. I might have to try this when I’m at sea.

Okay, he’s stopped walking around now. He went to the governor’s house, dunno why.

Last edited:
Have you pressed F12?
By default, that should execute the LAi_SetPlayerType function at the bottom of the console.
Hopefully that would work to give you your control back over the player character.

Sometimes you end up stuck, unable to move.
Usually of quest code fails and you remain set as an "actor".

It used to be more frequent and I haven't heard of anyone reporting it again over the last year or so.

Not a problem that is likely to affect other players so much then, is it?

And satisfactorily solved as well?

It shouldn’t do, no. I wasn’t sure if it could at first but given the circumstances it happened in then it’s incredibly unlikely.

Yeah, the reinit trick did the job nicely.

I doubt it, too. I’ve been messing around and I guess the player would have to budge from the first companion slot, which looks very much like a CTD, BSOD and Davy Jones having a party.
Would you want that?
Depends on his skills I guess. xD

Back