• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Character locations

Lord Horatio Nelson

1st Duke of Bronté
Storm Modder
Help me please,I need to know how to make a character (the character I'm talking about is George Stokes from the city of abandoned ships) that doesn't already have a characters/Ini file or whatever be located in Barbados in a room in the residence!

This may prove helpful (to determine the location co-ordinates):

Guide - NPC Positioning/Movement

As far as I remember, you will need to edit the location's GM file with the Inez Dias Tool to move the locator used for George Stokes to where you want it.

Alternatively, you could try and see if, when the character is spawned in the code, there is a locator associated with that spawn, and try and swap that locator with another character's. (I'm not actually sure if this is practical/feasible.)

You can start your search in the code with George Stokes' spoken lines, his character dialogue file. You'll likely need to determine what George's character model is called in the code, and go from there to find the spawning instance.

In Caribbean Tales, most initial character spawning is handled in: Program/quests/story_line.c

I assume this hasn't changed in COAS.

Edit:

Also check out the definition for the GenerateCharacter() function in the game's code, as this is what is used to spawn new characters.

Last edited:
Well COAS is a bit different, anyway I just made the Bridgetown governor into him and he is now governor of assistant or whatever

Back