• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

COAS combined mod Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing is that the arabella frigate seems to be unable to display the new textures I have for it (the red one that looks so nice) I shouldn't have to start a new game to see these textures, but I did anyway to make sure, and still the original textures are showing. I then replaced the hull1, hull2 and hull3 textures with the new one, since I noticed they were still the old white and green, and it still won't get off the old textures. How is this even possible? The laws of science and nature prohibit it! How can the old textures possibly show up when they have been completely replaced?

Ah the Arabella, i knew i forgot to add something in the patch. Anyway it sounds like you missed something and you are right it would not require a new game.

I have uploaded it for you and it will be included in a later patch but for now here you go the Arabella and i have tested it and it works without a new game been started,. :onya

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=304SYTK6

If that doesn't work you can download it from the FTP http://www.pyratesahoy.com/coas/Luke159/

I did not make this texture and do not in tend to take it as my own, i have uploaded it under my own name for quick install for other's and because it was to be added to the COAS mod, once it has been added to the COAS combined mod i will delet it from my FTP account. ;)

Thanks, but I actually figured it out. Just put the main .tx file (I think it's called arabellaship.tga.tx) into the hull1, hull2 and hull3 folders (go ahead and overwrite) that are located in arabellaship1 dir. That was my mistake. With the CoAS combined mod, there are now TWO arabella folders; arabellaship and arabellaship1. Arabellaship1 is the one the modded game will use, so put your new textures in there.

Would it be possible to turn off the 'real time battle light' mod? I really don't like it at all. I've been in several battles and haven't been able to sink a single ship. They always end up boarding me before I can take more than a few percent off their hull bars.

I'm currently working on a mod that will be more like the vanilla and will be available in the new year. The idea behind RTBL is to make the battles more realistic and more tactical so you would try to keep your distance on ships that have far greater crew than you have.

In testing i try to take the masts out on ships that have greater crew amounts then me first and then i do the same to other ships that are less of a threat. Obviously the testing is to see how long it takes to do such things and i don't want to have boardings when i'm trying to test things out.

But for now my advice is to think more tactically and aviod ships who might board, weaken your larger foe's first, the less threatening ships should keep there distance since they think you will board them. You do however get the odd AI with lower crew amounts come within boarding range and fire at point blank range i have however never had one try to board.

When the new vanilla base is set up i will upload it as a seperate mod which those who like the vanilla style more can switch to that version then when we have figured out how to make switches we will have the option as a switch which would make things easier. I hope to have the vanilla mod up by the start of the new year. :onya

I'm currently working on a mod that will be more like the vanilla and will be available in the new year. The idea behind RTBL is to make the battles more realistic and more tactical so you would try to keep your distance on ships that have far greater crew than you have.

In testing i try to take the masts out on ships that have greater crew amounts then me first and then i do the same to other ships that are less of a threat. Obviously the testing is to see how long it takes to do such things and i don't want to have boardings when i'm trying to test things out.

But for now my advice is to think more tactically and aviod ships who might board, weaken your larger foe's first, the less threatening ships should keep there distance since they think you will board them. You do however get the odd AI with lower crew amounts come within boarding range and fire at point blank range i have however never had one try to board.

When the new vanilla base is set up i will upload it as a seperate mod which those who like the vanilla style more can switch to that version then when we have figured out how to make switches we will have the option as a switch which would make things easier. I hope to have the vanilla mod up by the start of the new year. :onya

I backed up my entire non-CM install into a zip file. Can I just pull the shipsinit.c out of that? The RTBL mod is just higher hull/sail strength values, isn't it?

No that wouldn't work since the main value's i changes are in a few files like Cannon_init where damage multiplier value's was reduced and the bore size was reduces too. Some files i have edited also have edits made by other mods which is why its going to take a while.

Ok, i've installed the version 2 with the corresponding patch and the items issue is gone... now if you excuse me... i have battles to fight

Would it be possible to turn off the 'real time battle light' mod? I really don't like it at all. I've been in several battles and haven't been able to sink a single ship. They always end up boarding me before I can take more than a few percent off their hull bars.

You'll be happy to know i managed to find a few hours today and finish the vanilla mod off and is now uploaded to the FTP, the file name is "COAS Combined Mod Version 2 Vanilla Patch.7z " which you can download from here. http://www.pyratesahoy.com/coas/Luke159/

This will reset RTBL back to Vanilla as far as damage to the ships goes for obvious reasons the cannons range could not be reset because you would end up with culverines reacing into the mid 1500 yards range and that would mean the 68 and 92LBS would reach into the 2000 yards range, so the range remains the same as does there weight and prices.

Let me know how it goes, i haven't tested it myself because i have some guests coming soon and need to get ready. :onya

Are you guys actually using the Bug tracker now?

I have seen officerpuppy post some but not much else

You'll be happy to know i managed to find a few hours today and finish the vanilla mod off and is now uploaded to the FTP, the file name is "COAS Combined Mod Version 2 Vanilla Patch.7z " which you can download from here. http://www.pyratesahoy.com/coas/Luke159/

This will reset RTBL back to Vanilla as far as damage to the ships goes for obvious reasons the cannons range could not be reset because you would end up with culverines reacing into the mid 1500 yards range and that would mean the 68 and 92LBS would reach into the 2000 yards range, so the range remains the same as does there weight and prices.

Let me know how it goes, i haven't tested it myself because i have some guests coming soon and need to get ready. :onya

Thanks muchlyness. :)

I entered the following in the bug tracker. I am curious as to whether anyone else has run into this. :shrug

This is something weve talked about before. You run into a group of ships and they're all the same. In some ways this is very authentic and I have not considered it degrading to gameplay. There is one area where it's become extremely unrealistic over time. When encountering the medium pirate ship icon on the world map representing 3 to 6 ships, when you go to Sail mode, they are all Caravel2. This has now happened to me 5 times in a row which makes me believe something has degraded. It was yachts earlier. It does not happen with the small icon. It only occurs with the pirate faction. I did a little troubleshooting myself and can find nothing. If you guys don't have a solution I may remove the Caravel2 from the option string.

MK

With the new patch applied the music went back to the original CoAS music. Why did it do that? :shrug

Disregard my last! It works great!

MK, in ShipsUtilites located in Age of Pirates 2\Program\scripts, reduce the amount of times you see the following code in each rand.

Code:
if (iTest_ship == X) FillShipParamShipyard(NPChar, GenerateStoreShip(SHIP_Caravel2), "shipXX");

It should only appear in rand 10 and 11, if you limit that to rand 10 that might reduce how often the ship is generated at sea. If that doesn't do anythig then head over to Ships_init and play around with this line of code/

Code:
refShip.sea_enchantment					= X.X;

That might reduce the amount of times you'll see that or any ship(s) you edit at sea. :onya

I don't think the new music packs have been ported ointo COAS CM yet Craiggo. ;)

It works fairly well. Still not there yet, as the grape shot seems to still be set to rtbl values (I didn't acually check the values, but firing grape shot at near point blank range seems to barely takes a sliver off the crew bar). I'm sure it will take more trweaking all-around, but I assume this vanilla mod is just a quickie to make the folks who don't like rtbl happy. You'll make a better one later, right?

At any rate, this is more of a 'real-time-balle-light-light' mod. You know, that might actually be a good thing. Even I can see the potential of the rtbl, but even the light version is too heavy for me (I'd hate to see the 'non-light' version). Perhaps when the vanilla mod is perfected, a light-light mod could be considered?

Until then, for those of you who like the vanilla version better, but aren't ready to give up on the rtbl completely, do what I did:

Install the CM.

Start a new game.

Save.

Install the vanilla mod.

Start a new game under a different profile name.

Now, if you want to play with the rtbl. You don't have to re-install it, but just load your game.

Regardless of anything else, Thanks for all your hard work, Luke. :)

No problem bud. :onya

Yep it was a quicky for those who find RTBL takes to much of there free time. I haven't been looking at any of the code or playing COAS since i released the vanilla mod, my son has a chest infection and has kept us awak for a few nights now, he's getting better just very tired and can't wait for a full nights sleep.

RTBL is a light version of the original mod which was abandened due to it been to time consuming, the original was Real Time Battle Mod, Mk asked for a lighter version and hence RTBL ermerged from the ashes of the former mod RTBM. The crew damage multiplier will need refixing, i must have missed a file out so as soon as i get time the Vanilla will be fixed will be called COAS Cm Vanilla Mod Fixed when its released.

Yes Sharks Prize is right you can have both games ie, RTBL and vanilla running on different game profiles, this is becaise all files edited was init files and are saved when the game is saved for the first time and will not be reverted to the new value's since it requires a new game. :will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back