• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

COAS modding info

ovahenort

Landlubber
i have few questions

1 - Coas=where i can customize characters like skills money etc

2 - Coas=where i can play with ship speeds like it was in aop ct that i can sail against wind not just stand on place with full open sails its kinda dum also where to set speed of opening sails (how fast they will fall and raise)

3 - Coas=how ship system working?3x textures but none to buy(upgrade) is it random?same with sails(except ships which have own sails in file - ships_init.c)

4 - Coas=is it possible to set nation sails(i mean that each nation have they own ship sails)

also need few tipps how to add lights on ships (locators thing?)

1.RPGUtilite in the Program/Characters folder.

2.I don't know much on this subject.

3.I don't know about this either, but I believe there is some randomness involved. I know someone in another thread posted about wanting a black frigate but would always get either a red, yellow or black. Or something like that.

4.I'm pretty sure it is, I've seen a thread somewhere on here that goes into more detail about the sails and what files you'll need to look into.

2. I think this is in ships_init.c as well ;)

3. Im pretty sure from what others have said that it is random out of three different textures each ship can use :yes

4. It would take a fair bit of coding work to get this done and I'm not sure who would do it, you could try it yourself and we may be able to offer words of advice :yes

i played with these codes but nothing changed ingame(after staring new game also nothing)

refShip.SpeedRate = 15.6;
refShip.TurnRate = 42.0;
refShip.Price = 16000;
refShip.HP = 2700;
refShip.SP = 100;
refship.EmblemedSails.normalTex = "ships\parus_silk_3.tga";
refShip.AbordageLocation = "Boarding Deck_02";
refship.Type.Merchant = true;
refship.Type.War = true;
refShip.fWindAgainstSpeed = 6.0; - what this line means?
refShip.sea_enchantment = 2.0;
refShip.lowpolycrew = 8;
refShip.buildtime = 20;

refship.Rocking.y = 0.5;
refship.Rocking.az = 0.035;

refship.WaterLine = -0.5;
refship.SpeedDependWeight = 0.1;
refship.SubSeaDependWeight = 0.6;
refship.TurnDependWeight = 0.2;
refship.WindAgainstSpeed = 15.0;//boal - isnt this same as upper one?
refship.CabinType = "Cabin_Medium"; // boal 28.03.05

whats difference betwen those 2 lines?

thx to replys :will

Increasing should increase the ships maximum speed, the stats are randomly generated so not all ships that have had that line of code edited will have the maximum speed you set, also your characters skills effect how fast your ship can go.
Code:

As for, the following code, that means how fast the ship can sail into the wind, i'm not sure why there are two seperate lines of code for this though.
Code:
refShip.fWindAgainstSpeed = 6.0;

Obviously the following code effects how fast your ship can turn also stats generated will mean the ships turn rate will not alway's be what you set it too.
Code:
refShip.TurnRate = 42.0;

If you have had nothing change ingame after starting a new game which is required for any chamges in the ship_init file to take effect then either your character hasn't has poor skills levels or your not saving the file after editing it. You shopuld see speed and turn rates for sure been improved or not depending on what the new value's are you give the ship(s).

Increasing should increase the ships maximum speed, the stats are randomly generated so not all ships that have had that line of code edited will have the maximum speed you set, also your characters skills effect how fast your ship can go.
Code:

As for, the following code, that means how fast the ship can sail into the wind, i'm not sure why there are two seperate lines of code for this though.
Code:

Obviously the following code effects how fast your ship can turn also stats generated will mean the ships turn rate will not alway's be what you set it too.
Code:
refShip.TurnRate = 42.0;

If you have had nothing change ingame after starting a new game which is required for any chamges in the ship_init file to take effect then either your character hasn't has poor skills levels or your not saving the file after editing it. You shopuld see speed and turn rates for sure been improved or not depending on what the new value's are you give the ship(s).

thy for info i was curious only about those same lines btw it does change numbers in shipyard for ships but while sailing its same thing also i had poor skilled char and maxed it sailing like maxed but with default ship statistics
i mean it sails like i didnt change anything about ships and when i change nothing of that =(

i seted those 2 lines on 150 value still same effect while i tryed speed rate on 150 i was weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :keith

to fast dont do it at home :will

EDITED:

After more testing - results:

ship Lugger

default:

refShip.SpeedRate = 15.5;
refship.WindAgainstSpeed = 15.0;//boal

ingame result

with wind max speed -10.2 current speed -6.1
against wind max speed - 9.1 current speed -0.2

new:

refShip.SpeedRate = 20.0;
refShip.fWindAgainstSpeed = 11.0;
refship.WindAgainstSpeed = 20.0;//boal

ingame result

with wind max speed -11.2 current speed -7.1
against wind max speed -11.5 current speed -0.2

without refship.WindAgainstSpeed :

refShip.SpeedRate = 20.0;
refShip.fWindAgainstSpeed = 11.0;

ingame result

with wind max speed -9.0 current speed -6.3
against wind max speed -8.5 current speed -0.1

as u can see i cant get speed against wind in ships_init.c or i can but its not working ingame...
btw after i deleted refship.WindAgainstSpeed ingame showed point to sail 1.04 ...anyone know how to fix this couse its really annoying to see ship with full open sails and he stand on 1 place and its hard to
make battle with that :facepalm

Back