• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help CoAS not launching after GOF Full Release 1.2

traumatic

Landlubber
Dear all,

I have been able to run CoAS vanilla via Wine emulator on my MacBook Pro 17''.
(i know this is a less than perfect setup, but it worked fine apart from the typical engine crash every second loading screen)

Now, I have installed GoF 1.2 yesterday evening and it launched up and i could play a bit but had to quit since i had no time.
Today it does not launch and gives me the Windows Runtime error, even though I have changed absolutely nothing.

I tried to reinstall and as before, vanilla runs fine, and GoF does not.

help?

Here are a few things to try.

One, if you are still using your DVD to boot the game, bypass the DVD check and get the NO CD crack.
This is a common problem in runtime errors after the first playthrough due to file updates on Windows Systems.

Two, check and reset your graphic settings in the system.ini file.
It is possible that the game fails to load due to graphical changes from stock to GOF.

Three, make sure you have the updated TAGES drivers installed.
If you don't this causes runtime errors as well.

You can download the TAGES drivers and the NO CD from Hylie's download section here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gpalg0tpyyfcivy/oc9BVkEuQV/COAS stuff

Thanks man,

I was already running the NO CD patch from the beginning and since I'm running it mirrored in WINE i somehow can't install the TAGES drivers since it requires admin privileges and I can't seem to make them work on wine.

BUT, I've noticed that I always had to try to install the TAGES drivers after a clean install, even if I got the error message. If I didn't it would give me a runtime error with the vanilla version as well.

I hope I am being sufficiently clear.

Thank you really much for the constructive answer, though

Why does this sound familiar.;(

So this rules out the patch for GOF 2 bow as been the cause for the crashing, its got to be system related. Something that changes on that persons computer which stops the game from running again. Have you tried setting the game to run in compatibility mode (I know you don't need to) this might fix the problem or maybe reinstalling the tages drivers again just to make sure that your anti virus program hasn't blocked them or something.

P.S.
Ignore the part about GOF 2 patch, I know it had no relevance to your problem, however it does have relevance to the problem in hand or I thought it did but seems it doesn't. Anyway a long story short another person who was able to run GOF 2 fine has now got this very same problem which has come about since installing the new patch GOF 2 full mod patch 1.2, but as I said it seems to have no relation to the patch since nothing from the patch for GOF 2 was related or used from GOF 1.2.

Back