• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug Common Crashes on big naval Battles

Spicy Sailor

Powder Monkey
I was always wondering what is the issue with this one. I would save before each battle just to be sure. But it is quite common (especially in big battles where there is much info to process). I never really bothered to make a thread for that but once there are battles that i cannot even finish before getting a crash i decided to post.
It happens when i hit an enemy vessel or get hit by it. It happens more often when i have a bigger ship and fire more cannons at once. It happens more often when there are plenty of ships in a battle. And sometimes it happen after a successful boarding when i change from the transfer screen back to the battle.

Does it have to do something with the visual effects of mass crewmen flying when hit?
Does it have to do with demasting?
Does it have to do with the mass cannon exploded (and the message that spams if there are lots of hits)
Does it have to do with the speed up option?
Is it a RAM issue? can i allocate more RAM to the game?
I really don't know and i would like to solve the most annoying bug-experience in the game.

Last edited:
Back