• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Continue playing after final mission + other minor questions

Rolee9309

Powder Monkey
Hi all!

I've been recently started the game again after 3-4 years, and I forgot how to edit certain files to be able to continue playing after the final mission. That's the first thing I got stuck.

- Second: I always found sea encounters easy. I managed to increase the squadrons's number, and the ship classes in "Encounter_init.c" file, but I forgot what should I change to have 6 ships against me (or 6 vs. 6 against each other AND me), and have higher class ships in them.

- Third: it ties with the second one, I want more random encounters, so I want to set some enemy nations in "nations.c". How do I do that?

- And lastly: I recently got a 2560x1440 monitor, I set the game resolution to that, but the interfaces (dialogues, profile pictures, etc.) are huge, they did not scale down. How could I solve this?

I am a bit rusty, so that's why I'm asking a lot, sorry!

I've been recently started the game again after 3-4 years, and I forgot how to edit certain files to be able to continue playing after the final mission. That's the first thing I got stuck.
Not sure how that was handled; it was before my time.
But have a look at this earliest modpack version I have:
That should include the method on how to do it.

Second: I always found sea encounters easy. I managed to increase the squadrons's number, and the ship classes in "Encounter_init.c" file, but I forgot what should I change to have 6 ships against me (or 6 vs. 6 against each other AND me), and have higher class ships in them.
Assuming the original game has it took, look at the 'Enc_AddShips' function.
The two values are the lowest and highest number of ships in the encounter.

Third: it ties with the second one, I want more random encounters, so I want to set some enemy nations in "nations.c". How do I do that?
I don't understand?

And lastly: I recently got a 2560x1440 monitor, I set the game resolution to that, but the interfaces (dialogues, profile pictures, etc.) are huge, they did not scale down. How could I solve this?
Oof; I'm not saying it isn't possible; but it'll be a LOT of hard work, tweaking all the RESOURCE\INI\INTERFACES files.

Thank you! You helped a lot.

Regarding the nations.c file, I meant random sea encounters, just like the english-french sea battles. I somehow managed to replicate that with other nations, but I forgot it.

Regarding the nations.c file, I meant random sea encounters, just like the english-french sea battles. I somehow managed to replicate that with other nations, but I forgot it.
Heh, after a couple of trials and error, I finally managed to solve this problem. Now the only one is the dialogue and portrait box resize.

Ah; ships only battle if nations are at war; and in the stock game, those inter-national relations are all hardcoded.
I assume that's what you were after, right? And found too, by the sounds of it! :onya

Now the only one is the dialogue and portrait box resize.
Maybe the attached version from the New Horizons mod will look better for you in widescreen?
Folder: RESOURCE\Textures\Dialog

Attachments

• dialog.tga.tx.7z
    72 KB · Views: 49
Yeees, yes, that was what I was thinking of!

And the dialog box looks way better, thank you! There is only a handful of thing I did not like in the original game, and the old dialog box was one of them.

Back