• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Correction for Certain Location Loading Screens

Levis

Find(Rum) = false;
Staff member
Administrator
Creative Support
Programmer
Storm Modder
I was looking trough turks and I noticed some of the loading screens are off. For example the Library says "Apothecary" and the path to the townhall says "house in jungle". These seem the to the default loading screens for these locations but its possible to have others right?
Might be something which isn't much work mostly making the screenshots and placing a banner over it), but it could improve the mod again :).

Ideally I would like different screenshots so they don't look like carbon-copies with just a different label.
But if that cannot be done in time, we can always just slap a different label on the existing ones.

If someone could save me the trouble of making new screenshots for these locations, I can create the loading screens as soon as I get the new shots. :doff

@Pillat, these are the locations @Levis mentioned:
Turks Library says "Apothecary"
Turks path to the townhall says "house in jungle"

There might be more but havent found them yet.

The loading screens are linked per location model. If the same model is used for a location that requires a different description, it would be wrong.
Otherwise they should all be good by now. I replaced every single one at some point to get them as correct as I could.

Try to visit as many as possible and see if the loading screens for these locations are correct, So if you enter the shop it should say shop on the loading screen and the screenshot should look like the location you are going in.
If this is not the case please report them.
After the location reload screens replacement I did a year or two ago,
at least pretty much all screens should really match up with the location models.
But when the same model is used for a "special" location with a different name, that might cause a mis-match.
So please keep an eye out for that, guys!

And when you find any, use F9 to hide the interface and make a nice screenshot so that we can update it with your version straight away. :cheers

a bit late but here they are ;) seadogs2_0047.jpg seadogs2_0050.jpg

Library is too bright. Have to check that myself.

Do you know about pressing F9 to hide the interface?

Replaced both loading screens now and as an added bonus I redid the Apothecary one too, after I re-fixed the lighting. Again. :facepalm

Back