• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Crashes

DavyJack

Pirate Queen
Staff member
Storm Modder
So, I've been having a lot of crashes lately. Especially involving going out to or into the sea from the map. I haven't experienced this from the previous version. I don't know. Maybe it's just me or my computer. Not really sure what's going on rn.

I'm thinking of starting a new game since this one was kind of sketchy. I tried some edits in the Characters_init.c file for the "Cast Away" type before starting a new game as that character.

Attachments

• compile.log
    220.8 KB · Views: 121
  • error.log
    3.2 KB · Views: 122
  • system.log
    320.3 KB · Views: 116
Some somewhat odd errors I see there.
Try pressing F11.

Also, deleting the file named "options" from your main game folder, then restoring your settings again is always worth a try.
Maybe do this before the F11 thing.

Some somewhat odd errors I see there.
Try pressing F11.

Also, deleting the file named "options" from your main game folder, then restoring your settings again is always worth a try.
Maybe do this before the F11 thing.
Aha! I forgot about that "options" file trick. Lol. I'll do that.
I tried pressing F11 but that didn't help but we'll see if a fresh 'options' file will do the trick.

Did the option file trick work? I remember a period of time where I could not even make it past the loading screen without it crashing, extremely annoying, deleted that damn option file and it did the trick.

Did the option file trick work? I remember a period of time where I could not even make it past the loading screen without it crashing, extremely annoying, deleted that damn option file and it did the trick.
It's quite a useful file; but for whatever reason, sometimes it gets corrupted with garbage down below.
You can see it when it happens by checking the bottom of it in Notepad.
When that happens, any and all weird stuff could happen, without rhyme or reason. :facepalm

Back