• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Crashing when entering a fight

FaxMate

Sailor Apprentice
Hello guys!

Well, first of all, I want to thank all of you for even working on such an old game and help idiots like me playing it.

Okay, let´s get to the problem.

Everytime when I enter a fight my game just freezes and crashes in an instant.
I don´t know how to enable error logs if you´d need that. Everything else works just fine, but I´d like boarding enemy ships and making them my own.

At first I thought it´s just when I try boarding a ship but it also happens if I attack guards, so basically when I engage enemies.

I killed some bandits in the past and had no problem at all.

Maybe somebody can help me out with that.

Thanks in advance!

You mean swordfights, both during boardings and on shore, right?

First thing to try, remove the file named "options" from your main game folder.
That one sometimes gets corrupted, causing all sorts of inexplicable weirdness.
You'll have to set your preferences again afterwards.

If that doesn't help, please post the .log files from your main game folder here right after the crash occurred.

...I don´t know how to enable error logs if you´d need that....
Check this screenie I made. Open your game's main directory and upload these log files (circled red) on your next post. Untitled.png You don't have to enable anything for it to pop up. After you exit the game those are gonna be automatically generated. The error log doesn't always shows up though.

Once, in CoAS the game was crashing when i tried to loaded a specific profile turn's out the options file for that profile was corrupted and had to be deleted.

Well, I´m sorry guys for my stupidity.

I disabled the weapon conditions in the options and then played with my sword which had a condition since it was enabled at first.

I am so sorry to have bothered you.

Still, my regards.
Faxmate

I disabled the weapon conditions in the options and then played with my sword which had a condition since it was enabled at first.

Still, my regards.
Faxmate
So you figured out the problem and fixed it right? :danceIf so, you can safely label this as Solved then :cheers

Ah; that explains a lot! Good job figuring that one out. :onya

[...]
No worries, mate. We're here to help, so you're always welcome to ask questions.
You know what they say: "There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers." ;)

Back