• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Crossbones May Have Found Blackbeard

Thagarr

Pining for the Fjords!
Creative Support
Storm Modder
Public Relations
Hearts of Oak Donator
Pirate Legend
The American TV network NBC may have found it's Blackbeard for it's new 'Crossbones' TV series. According to Hollymood.com, Hugh Laurie has recently been in negations for the part and has been selected to play the part of Blackbeard. Laurie is best known for his role as Dr. House on the FOX TV series 'House'. Although that hasn't been officially confirmed as of yet, but it's been a slow couple of days pirate news wise, so I thought I would go ahead and post it.

Crossbones was originally announced a couple of years ago, following in the wake of a couple of other pirate TV series announcements, and is currently scheduled to debut in March of 2013. The series will be based on Colin Woodard's book The Republic of Pirates, which is set during the Golden Age and follows the adventures of legendary pirates Blackbeard, Black Sam Bellamy, and Charles Vane.

As of now, Entertainment Weekly reports that Laurie is in talks for the role of infamous pirate Blackbeard, and Hollywood.com has reached out to Laurie's reps for confirmation. Such a thick, pronounced and vivid character as Blackbeard (real name Edward Teach) is the best way to eschew criticism of just "rehashing House" in a new setting. Barring a few odd similarities (we're bound to see some of the ol' doc's cantankery come into play), Blackbeard could be far enough from Dr. House to establish a new beginning to Laurie's career.

You can read the full story HERE!

Attachments

• crossbones_logo.jpg
    crossbones_logo.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 11
I can't imagine Hugh Laurie as Edward Teach... Whenever I hear his name, I think Blackadder...

images

xD

True, I had forgotten about that.

At least he is no Eddie Izzard!

izzard.jpg

Back