• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Crosshair edit

Hi, how can I disable crosshair turning red so that I don't receive aiming assist?
Thanks
I will try to find how to change this later as I can't do so now.
Though perhaps @Grey Roger can help before I do?

"C" key when in first person activates / deactivates the crosshairs.
This doesn't work like this in PotC I think.
You must be referring to TEHO.

Plus @The Gentle Uncle doesn't want to completely turn it off, but for it to not turn red.
Unless if I am missing something of course.

The easiest way would be to find the texture file for the crosshairs and change the red crosshair to be yellow.

Or at least, it would be the easiest way if I could find the file with the yellow and red crosshairs...

The colors are not handled through textures but from "argb" values.
Take a look at "PROGRAM\PROGRAM\SEA_AI\AICameras.c"
Code:
    Crosshair.Colors.Default = argb(0, 255, 255, 255);
    Crosshair.Colors.Enemy = argb(0, 255, 0, 0);
    Crosshair.Colors.Friend = argb(0, 0, 255, 0);
    Crosshair.Colors.Neutral = argb(0, 128, 128, 128);

If you make set them to have the same value the color shouldn't change.
Or if you only want the red erased you only edit "Crosshair.Colors.Enemy".
However I am not yet sure on how to stop it from pulsating. :unsure

Perhaps editing "MODULES\Techniques\AI\crosshair.sha" would do something about the pulsating? I've no idea which lines to edit or what to change them to, so the only advice I can give here is, make a copy of the existing version and put it somewhere outside the PoTC installation folder so that the game can't find it. Then, if you make changes and the crosshair fouls up, you can put the original back. The backup copy needs to be totally separate because the game system looks at all .sha files, not just those with the original names.

Back