• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

CSAFD's Video Adventures

Ben Coats

Freebooter
i got the idea from Mk, on his videos, so i decided to start one, i did a vid yest (posted on his thread) of a ship battle, here is my latest of the Black Pearl vs a Pirate Ship.

totem searches 3-7
1. Santo D. lighthouse
2. Tortuga
3. Bermuda, broken washbasin beach
4. St. Martin Cave
5. Martinique Dungeon (got little confused cuz i couldnt see it on the floor)
6. Curacao gov residence
7. Puerto Bello Jungle.

been a while since i added a vid, but here's my recent one. i have had major probs when sailing with companions, so most of the time i sail alone. i issue an order to either attack/defend/board or sail away and their ships hardly do anything......as in this vid i ordered one of my captians to take on the 1st ship in the enemy line, and the 2nd capt. to take on the 2nd ship, while i went toward the MoW (man of war), i took two ships enrout to target loosing most of my crew and during the MoW of course i was just overwhelmed, so i went back to where i had saved it @ LPoC. (last port of call). this game could use a serious mod upgrade:
1. most of my officer moral is rebellious.
2. companion ships dont react to most orders given.
3. citizens in ports like goodley in Puerto Principle, and Atila @ bermuda are auto run-ins and given the quests you might want or not want to do @ that time.
4. the citizen "would you like to make some coin" and then you fight him in the dungeon. is almost @ every inconvenient time.
5. the weather, sometimes when turned off it still works not the way you want it to, like for instance you're sailing with the wind toward an enemy fleet and just before you get up to them the wind changes to your less favorable direction almost all the time i go into sea/battle mode.
:pflag

my disappearing act, on AoPCoASGoF version 1.2
in martinique and i was going to try using the musketoon and when i switched weapons, my character disappeared and froze, i could look around, but nothing else.

This is an easy but time consuming fix Ben and I know Officerpuppy did not get around to making all character models musket capable. So each model that is a character needs an exact replica of itself made and renamed with the "_mush" suffix. Then in characters init and the INI file, this needs to be added to that character with the musketeer animation profile assigned for that model.

I'm too busy trying to get Eras done and released in the next few days to do it now, but if there is a character that you really are in love with that you want to have musket capability then I could do it for you later in a little patch. BTW most of the characters in GOF Eras are not musket capable. That's a couple days worth of work if I want to eventually do it. We will see how popular it is. Anyway the game doesn't know what to do because there is no model for that character with the musket animation assigned so it goes into a first person lock. I'm curious, have you tried to draw a weapon and shoot someone when you're locked up like that?

MK

Wouldn't it be possible somehow to just disable that feature for models that don't support it?

I don't think CoAS has an initModels.c type file, does it? With entries for every model?

I don't think CoAS has an initModels.c type file, does it? With entries for every model?

Nope, I just did a search and there is nothing matching that file name. Most of that info is in the RPG utilities and Heroes files in COAS. I've become pretty good at manipulating these.

From what I gather, CoAS has seriously simplified code compared to the PotC Build Mod and even compared to the unmodded PotC.
Unfortunately that does make it quite difficult to do more advanced things like this.

Do you know where the code is that is responsible for this? Perhaps it has to be handled as a separate function.
Something like:
Code:
if(ModelMusketEnabled(ch.model))
With a function made:
Code:
bool ModelMusketEnabled(string model)
{
   switch(model)
   {
     case "soldier_musket": return true; break;
     case "officer_musket": return true; break;
   }
   return false;
}
Then that function can be expanded with all character models that do support it so that the relevant code is prevented for character models that don't.

Last edited:
another Glitch, i had come into Tortuga, after defeating 3 bounty hunters and two pirate ships i went to Tavern and recruited Anne Dieu-le-Veut but she doesnt show up in my officers even after i had sold the ships she still isnt listed.

Back