• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

CTD at Antigua

smrtwhkd

Master Mariner
While doing a smuggle quest at Antigua, the game keeps crashing. Tried reloading and restarting the game, but doesn't work. The location is at Muscetto Cove. Basically, going from deck to shore or sea will crash the game.

Attachments

• error.log
    327 bytes · Views: 143
  • compile.log
    10.6 KB · Views: 144
  • system.log
    524 bytes · Views: 147
  • Antigua.rar
    752 KB · Views: 141
Feel likes the cause of the crash was due to hopping between decks. My flagship was a small vessel and I couldn't find any wondering crew member to kill time. So I hopped onto my next ship and killed some time over there. Then when I selected "go to shore", the game crashed. Then after reload, I stayed on the ship without going into the deck mode. I used fast forward to kill time, instead of talking to crew. This time, I was able to land on shore no problem.

Yes indeed it sounds (and looks from the crash reports) like the ctd that occurs if you travel to companion ships that I have been banging my head against for a couple of days. :modding What might be helpful would be a copy of the save you used to reload and then fast forward time ok (so that I can compare with the other). The one you uploaded in the shipyard is screwed since although I can go to ship and sea (via walking to the dock not fast travel) sail where I like, deal with the smugglers etc the next save attempted crashes whatever I do -so ideally I want to compare attributes of almost anything I can think of to find what is not set up the same!! :popcorn: Well if it wasn't that save you were using that is. It might just give a few more clues for the problem with companions. Assuming you could save after seeing your smugglers without a crash?

EDIT Never mind - I have managed to repeat your escape from the corrupted game (guessing a time to avoid the coastguard) using a crew member in crews quarters and got a save after the smuggling for comparisions ENDEDIT

Last edited:
Errors on these lines?
Code:
           makearef(arReload, rIsland.Reload);

int iNumLocators = GetAttributesNum(arReload);

Makes me wonder if the island-finding is not succeeding earlier:
Code:
    // find island
   int iIslandIndex = FindIsland(sPlayerLocation);
   if (iIslandIndex >= 0)
   {
       rIsland = GetIslandByIndex(iIslandIndex);
   }

But then... what's your current location?

Back